Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which tabs to go with...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91393-tabs-go.html)

ChromeGorilla 11-29-2004 08:23 PM

Which tabs to go with...?

OK need some advice/help here.... I want to get rid of my dual ram Bennetts because I really do not like how they perform. I have a few options.

First, I could get some Martini Victory Tabs to replace the Bennetts. I am confident I could accomplish this by myself. This is the easier of the choices.

Second, I can get brand new "E"-planes like the ones seen on the Livorsi site ( www.eddiemarine.com makes them ) for $450. Which is a killer deal. This price is close to the Victories. Lowest I've seen them is $1400. Comes with s/s lines, 2 pumps indicator actuators...etc. Not to mention the cool factor is mucho high!

I would love to do the second of the two. But I have some concerns. 1st, I have now idea what a local marine shop would charge for labor. Maybe I don't wanna know..lol And I dont have any experiance filling in glass or drilling glass or what will even be required to put these on. I would love to learn how but have never had the chance. Here is a pic of the tabs I can get

So I query for some opinons.

So fire away. Any advise, help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

Sean H 11-29-2004 08:52 PM

Re: Which tabs to go with...?

ask Too Old on here or go to his website www.trickmarine.net

Formula Outlaw 11-29-2004 09:37 PM

Do yourself a TREMENDOUS favor and give Fred (Trick Marine) a call. He is THE man.

ChromeGorilla 11-29-2004 09:47 PM

Sounds like sound advice. :) I'll give them a call tommorrow. But price is only a small part. After I take the bennetts off the holes will most likely have to be glassed in. Somethin I've never done, and I have no idea what labor would be like to have it glassed in and have the tabs installed. Tryin to keep this project fairly reasonable bein around the holidays and all. thats why i was also considering the victory tabs too. Those are done deal. Easy as shizzle to install. But I would rather do the eddie marine one trick marine has...time for sleep...more research tommorrow...again thanks guys.

glassdave 11-29-2004 09:48 PM

where did you see the E tabs for $450.00 ?

i can also recomend Fred as well. you wont find better prices, he will hook you up :cool: :cool: :cool:

ChromeGorilla 11-29-2004 10:18 PM

Like I said...the cheapest i've seen them advertised is $1400.
A friend of mine has them. They are brand new. Just knocked up his girlfriend so they are gonna get married. (great reason huh...whole nother story...) so he sold his boat. He was waitin till the off season to install them but never got to it. I told him why give it to the dude who bought his boat? He wasnt gonna get anymore $ for the boat. I told him I may want them and I told'em I'd give him $400-500 for them. Being the good friend that he is, he said they're mine for $450 if I want them. Aren't I helpfull ?... :) lol. If I pass on them I'll let y'all know and I can put you in contact with him. he may ask for a little more though...I'm not sure.

glassdave 11-29-2004 11:51 PM

i see. i was kinda thinkin you had an inside deal workin. uhhh . . .yea . . actually . . . those tabs are not very good at all and you should pass on the info, i have an old fishing boat they might work on. :D :D :D

actually those are nice tabs but if you pass on them please let me know if they are avaliable. :cool:

ChromeGorilla 11-30-2004 06:36 AM

LMAO..yer killin me...:)

martiniboat 11-30-2004 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is a tough decision! $450 for the E tabs :eek:

As you already know, the Victorys are a direct retrofit. In one hour or less you can unbolt the old units, bolt the Victorys on and be done with it. This is easily accomplished using basic handtools and a high quality urethane sealant. (3M 4200 or '5200' if it is to be permanent) All dual ram Victorys for the Bennett application measure 12" x 19".

The entry level dual ram Victory upgrade for the Bennett system sells for only $369 powder coated in black. That would even leave you a little left over to 'put in the tank'.

The next step would be the Victory Offshore Series which has an additional ''backbone' or support gusset right down the center. This is the model to go with if you enjoy 'airing out' the hull :drink: Absolutely unbreakable. Now you're at $449 and one hour of your time.

The next step would be the Victory Offshore Series w/ backing plates. This gives you the look of a K-plane style trim tab with strength to match. $528 for one impressive looking set of tabs! With the backing plates you're looking at about 2 hours for the complete install.

Now for the 'bling bling'. The ultimate setup would be the Victory Offshore Series w/ backing plates utilizing the mirror finish option. There is nothing like a polished 316 stainless steel tab! When these are bolted to your transom expect to be the envy of fellow boaters and friends alike. :D These babies sell for $699 and once again will only take approximately two hours out of your afternoon.

Black powder coat is just the beginning. For only an additional $30/ pr. I can offer you a choice of Mercury High Performance blue, Bright yellow or Victory red. These are my most popular colors. Of course, I have 100's of colors available at varying prices. Metallics, candies, you name it!

So, my advice Scott? Forget about filling holes and save your cash for Christmas! You already have the rest of the system installed. Feel free to call or email anytime. As a matter of fact I have a TOLL FREE number coming, effective Thursday Dec.2/04 1 888 386 8282. Hope this helps with the decision-making.

Brian

martiniboat 11-30-2004 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Victory Offshore Series w/ backing plates...