Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Wind Deflectors for Warlock Offshore 29 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91633-need-wind-deflectors-warlock-offshore-29-a.html)

TerminalVelocity 12-02-2004 09:08 PM

Need Wind Deflectors for Warlock Offshore 29

Just purchased a Warlock Offshore 29 (used) but it did not come with the acrylic wind deflectors. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? :evilb:

Harper220 12-02-2004 09:22 PM

Re: Need Wind Deflectors for Warlock Offshore 29

I've had Finney's in Arizona do several for me. I've got them on my 28 Daytona. They can make custom sizes if you give them the measurements. They also powdercoat the rails and offer a screen that has a lip, which I highly recommended. Great quality!

Hope this helps...

www.finneys.com

TerminalVelocity 12-03-2004 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
I've had Finney's in Arizona do several for me. I've got them on my 28 Daytona. They can make custom sizes if you give them the measurements. They also powdercoat the rails and offer a screen that has a lip, which I highly recommended. Great quality!

Hope this helps...

www.finneys.com

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look them up. Appreciate the help.

TerminalVelocity 12-03-2004 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
They have to be acrylic? I have a bunch of these......

Thanks for the reply. Acrylic is not necessary. Just need to be able to withstain 80-90 mph speeds. Will they? Do you have any rail clamps to hold them in place? What other colors are available?

My email address is [email protected]

DanB 12-04-2004 07:15 AM

I had finneys do a new set for my warlock and they turned crappy after a couple of years. (cracked at the holes) Take your old ones to any plexi place in your area and they can make them..... much cheaper too. The brackets from Finneys work good tho.

Harper220 12-04-2004 08:16 PM

I've had mine for three seasons and haven't had any problems with cracking anywhere...
I even move them up and down on the rail all the time. I depends on how much you tighten them and how you treat them. Tights, tight, too tights broke.

I don't have any spare clamps. That would be a low cost item from Finney's.

TV- I have a two foot wide shield complete that I never installed between the driver and passenger side shields. More than likely I won't install it since that area gets crawled over so much to get on the deck.

If this would be of any use to you, I would sell it.

TerminalVelocity 12-06-2004 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
I've had mine for three seasons and haven't had any problems with cracking anywhere...
I even move them up and down on the rail all the time. I depends on how much you tighten them and how you treat them. Tights, tight, too tights broke.

I don't have any spare clamps. That would be a low cost item from Finney's.

TV- I have a two foot wide shield complete that I never installed between the driver and passenger side shields. More than likely I won't install it since that area gets crawled over so much to get on the deck.

If this would be of any use to you, I would sell it.

Harper - Thanks for the feedback. I'll give finneys a try first and see how that cuts the wind at speeds. Thanks again.

TerminalVelocity 12-06-2004 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by DanB
I had finneys do a new set for my warlock and they turned crappy after a couple of years. (cracked at the holes) Take your old ones to any plexi place in your area and they can make them..... much cheaper too. The brackets from Finneys work good tho.

Thanks DanB for the recommendation.