Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED >

Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED

Notices

Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED

Old 12-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED

Been having problems with service at local dealership.. Took my 2002 Tahoe in for service for vibration when defrost is on and for noise from tranny.. After leaving it all day the service manager said the noise in the tranny is actually my rear leaf springs slapping.. Well a Tahoe does not have rear leafs.. so when he got done talking his way out of that he said he cleaned the throttle body to make the defrost not kick in as much.. Well that sounds like bull crap and after I looked at the vehicle they did not remove the throttle body to clean it.. After talking to the 800 number for GM they sent me to another dealer to confirm the work issue.. The service manager at the other dealer agreed it was not serviced and now the customer service people are blowing me off, even though they wasted more of my time going to another dealer..
Keep in mind this is the same dealer and same manager that had to eat crow a few months prior.. My truck was hit by a car door and when I took it in for body work the dealer agreed they would paint the entire door.. They were even paid by the insurance company to do this.. When I went back to pick it up.. I noticed tape reisdue on the door above and below the problem area.. After giving them my mind they kept the truck and said they repainted the entire door.. I highly doubt it now...

Any ideas on who else to call.. the General manager is blowing me off the 800 number is worthless.. Right now i have the local plant representative investigating it.. My dad is a retiree from GM and they said they would check into it..
Any help is appreciated.. Power of OSO please help..

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED

Is the noise in the tranny only when it is in gear? Goes away when you put it in neutral or park? If so sounds like a bad torque converter. Not sure what you mean by a vibration when the defrost is on. Or what the throttle body would have to do with it. Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

When your defrost is on your AC compressor is engaged. The vibration you may be feeling is possibly the belt. We have seen it many times. Possibly an idler, tensioner or even compressor. When the compressor is engaged it loads the belt and transmits a vibration. That is where I would start on Defrost vibration.

Trans noise??? Pump? More info may help on that one.

Sam
Old 12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered

Im primary looking for directions to corporate GM.. To get someone who might care...

The defrost problem is probably the compressor.. They have a service bulletin on the compressor.. But this dealer wont admit it..

The tranny problem is as follows.. If you come to a stop and then accelerate it feels like it is slipping and then all the sudden it slams.. This has happened a few times.. Again there is a service bulletin on this also..

It is quite obvious this dealer just doesnt want to do anything if they dont have to..

The 800 number was a joke.. they took the info.. sent me to another dealer to confirm the work wasnt done and then says.. Well since its a dealer situation you have to deal with them...

The second dealer said they will warranty it and check it out even after my 36/36 since its been documented.. I want this dealer to get what they deserve...

I just cant get past the 800 number and want to get direct to someone in Detroit..

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Trans sounds like 1-2 shift valve sticking. Valve body issue. Possibly PR valve.

Sam
Old 12-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Registered

Mattjtowne, I am a retired Area Sales Mgr for General Motors, The person you need to make an appointment with is the Area service Mgr for GM. Tell the dealership service mgr that you want to setup a meeting with this person to resolve this problem. Start your conversation with the GM rep by saying "I know that high CSI is uppermost both to you and Bob Lutz of GM,now is the time for you guys to step up to the plate and help me resolve these problems." Frank
Old 12-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

Ive tried to deal with GM before and they will always blow you off saying they have no control of the dealerships because they are independently owned...... Try going trough the BBB and the Attorney Generals office.....then they may actually start jumping around

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:50 PM
merlin540

my 02 avalance made that trans noise and it had a bad pressure regulator valve in the valve body

Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by velocity22
Mattjtowne, I am a retired Area Sales Mgr for General Motors, The person you need to make an appointment with is the Area service Mgr for GM. Tell the dealership service mgr that you want to setup a meeting with this person to resolve this problem. Start your conversation with the GM rep by saying "I know that high CSI is uppermost both to you and Bob Lutz of GM,now is the time for you guys to step up to the plate and help me resolve these problems." Frank
Thank you very much Velocity22... After alittle searching on the internet I found an email address for Bob Lutz at gm.com.. I wrote a very nice letter to him and we will see if he responds..

Thanks again...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I no how you can fix the problem and never have to worry about it again, sell the Chevy and buy yourself a Ford..

Quick Reply: Off Topic.. GM TECHS NEEDED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.