Notices

Earnhardt #3 Movie

Old 12-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Originally Posted by R Addiction
I think Floridan is a bit on the jealous side......Must be a RAINBOW WARRIOR!!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That's pretty sad to be happy someone is dead.

FD has been on here over a year, and has only gotten fired up to post about SeaTow and Earnhart. I'm kinda thinking this guy does not belong. Remember the old Sesame Street Song?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-15-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FD - Back in the early days when Sr was doin that, nobody had anything, including him. In the last few years, EVERYBODY on the track has major sponsorships. EVERYBODY has money. The few smaller teams that didnt have as much backin, still had backin and Sr didnt just ram people and wreck them. He gave you a chance to move. If you didnt move then he moved ya. Thats why we liked him. Who doesnt drive down the freeway and want to "move" somebody out of their way?

He didnt earn all that money on the track. He was a shrewd business man. The Gordon rivaly? He created it to sell more stuff. Most Gordon and Earnhardt stuff is made by the same company. He knew that Gordon was gonna be big and he capitalized on it. Dont hate him cuz he was rich ... hate him cuz he was smart. Thats one of the many reasons I liked him.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:58 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent article race girl, the writer should watch some 1960s races.....fantastic!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Originally Posted by formulaz583
Go see DEI, and you will know that it was not built from race winnings.
Every May. They change it every so often so its different every time we go.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good movie but yes to many commercials
Old 12-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Registered

Do you remember where you were when you heard the news?
I was in Indy at the PRI show, the Lakers were in town, and it was half time when the news broke. The complete second half was silent, most of the fans cried the whole time.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

I still can't watch that last moment of the race. Too much emotion for me.

I was at the Sonic factory picking up a new delivery Sonic. Went to Denny's for breakfast. Got the local Saturday paper that had an article about race drivers that had been killed in previous years. THEN I get home in time to see the Daytona race and well the rest is history. Kind of ironic. Reading an article one day and seeing your favorite driver killed the next.

Like him or hate him. He did a lot for a sport.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I watched the race, and saw the last lap. They headed straight to the airport as soon as the checkered flag waved. I was sitting the airport waiting for a flight when my girlfriend's father walked up joining us (not a NASCAR fan, so this was wierd) and stated that Dale Earnhart had died in the race today. I was floored, and had to go take a few moments.

I was able to catch the last 45 minutes of the Earnhart Movie on ESPN the first night it played. I thought it was very respectful that they did not show the crash in the movie, even thought I was expecting it, since they showed the hit and the slide, but not the wall impact as they faded to white. As SOON as Dale walked into his Dad's arms, they cut to commercial, and it was an ESPN news special, and the immediate thing they showed was the hit, the slide, AND the IMPACT. I dropped my fork as did about 40 other people in the restaurant. It was really REALLY a shock to see it, unexpected like that. I'll never forget any of that.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My nephew was over that day and we were watching the race. My wife and I are huge Dale Earnhardt fans and were on the edge of the couch......The accident happened and we figured all was OK, It didn't look that bad. My nephew packed up and left and I went down to my PC. Turned on the TV and heard that Dale was killed.....I thought it was a mistake but it was all over the TV. Tears ran down my face.......

Quick Reply: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.