Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Earnhardt #3 Movie

http://espn.go.com/three/index.htm?C...3_TwinTopLink1
Old 12-04-2004, 05:00 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Made plans to stay home and watch it in my earnhardt basement.Doesn't seem like its been 4 yrs.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Made plans to stay home and watch it in my earnhardt basement.Doesn't seem like its been 4 yrs.
And boy has racing changed in those 4 years
Old 12-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I sure hope it's not going to be a hokey "Days Of Thunder" crap movie.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formulaz583
and IMHO, NOT for the better.
I FULLY agree with ya on that. I hated to see the changes but it helped free up more time for me on Sunday's and helped save me some money from not buying any more tickets. I think they call it progress...not to me
Old 12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Allan4

Gotta agree in the racing as of late...early 90's Cup racing was far better than what we see today. I do look forward to seeing the show though...as was said above, hard to beleive it has been 4 years, I miss seeing the man on raceday.....and ironically, he might have done as much for the sport with his death as he did with his success on the course.....

Old 12-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clearcut3
I FULLY agree with ya on that. I hated to see the changes but it helped free up more time for me on Sunday's and helped save me some money from not buying any more tickets. I think they call it progress...not to me
I have to second that one. I used to record every race so I could watch it in it's entirety, ended up watching it live anyways. Now I have races I haven't even looked at. Don't seem to care much anymore. Still have the last race of his on tape and it is still difficult to watch the last lap.

They took racing away from the driver's and gave it to the corporate sponsors. All in the name of money. Let's go back to the roots of how this all started and remember why we got involved. Closing tracks that once were the heart of NASCAR is pitiful. Let's forget about our past and just bury it for a bigger more luxurious stae of the art facility. YUCK !!

Hard to say one man made that much difference, BUT for some of us it did.

Still have my collection of memorabilia and memories. Thanks Dale #3
Old 12-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
They took racing away from the driver's and gave it to the corporate sponsors. All in the name of money. Let's go back to the roots of how this all started and remember why we got involved. Closing tracks that once were the heart of NASCAR is pitiful. Let's forget about our past and just bury it for a bigger more luxurious stae of the art facility. #3
I don't know what sponsors have to do with the changes, other than the politically correct speeches made by the drivers now.The big change came about because the oems starting employing their windtunnels for certain teams, tied to the changes they made in the aero designs of the actual models the templates are based on. I don't know anyone connected to NASCAR that would go back to being the dirt poor folks they were.At the height of his success, Richard Petty would haul ole nummer 43 to Daytona on the back of a flatbed and the boots he wore while driving still had the cow sh*t on them from mowing the fields earlier in the week. Now you can't count the number of half million dollar transporters, motorhomes, helicopters, jets etc these folks have/use. These folks are running 36 races over 10 months, incredible. The top teams are spending $20 million, with maybe an additional $5 million in oe support (windtunnel time etc.) compared to Ferrari spending $300 million to compete in 17 grands prix.(and that does not include the value of having their own test track)You can't entirely blame NASCAR for moving some races when the US population has moved itself over the last 20 years. Look at Florida. We're pushing 17 million population now. Twenty five years ago it was closer to 3.

Earnhardt was special. Like Michael Jordan, he could have stroked it and still collected $20 million annually yet he fought till the end. He was building himself a house on the IC here in North Palm Beach, to keep Sunday Money, for runs to the Bahamas. Sorry he never got the chance to use it.

Last edited by Cevert; 12-06-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive met more than half of the drivers. All of them I have met love the fans and love interacting with them. Because Nascar has grown the way it has, it has attracted fans that are complete idiots. In Juniors book, Driver #8, he tells of walkin by a track and gettin mobbed by the fans to a point that he feared for his life. Ive seen it time and again. Some of the drivers used to take golf carts and drive thru the infield at Talladega but the fans make it next to impossible now.

I love Tony Stewart. He is a super guy when hes not bein swarmed, whether its by fans or by media. Bein a female, I hate to admit that Im a Junior fan. Most people assume its cuz I think hes cute and that I dont know chit about Nascar, cars and engines. I actually dont think Opey is that cute but I do love his attitude and his honesty. I thought his speech at the awards banquent was one of the best. Made me smile.

I normally like the less popular drivers. Harry Gant was my man in the 80s, loved the Allisons in the 70s, and Fireball Roberts is still an awesome driver in my mind. Never was a fan of the King but I saw him signin autographs in the garage area in Michigan a few years ago and ya gotta respect that.

Bein a Earnhardt fan, I cant like the Bodines but I do wish there were more single car teams and independant owners. Those guys have been squeezed out with no after thought to them. I hate that money is so important in our sport but it is. I cant imagine, tho, any of our drivers refusing to drive until their pay is raised. The tragedies seem to keep the teams grounded.

The racin sucks but I keep watchin the cars turn left. I cant help it. Every once in a while, somebody pulls off a move that they shouldnt have been able to make, whether it be a sling shot pass or a 3 wide thru a turn and it keeps me comin back.

But boy do I miss the man ......

Last edited by Racegirl3; 12-10-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.