Notices

Active Thunder Cats

Old 12-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Active Thunder Cats

There's a 37" active cat, ex-race boat at LOTO I looked at last fall. Twin canopied deck, no engines/drives, trailer included. If you're interested, it could probably be bought for under $5K.
Gary
Old 12-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
There's a 37" active cat, ex-race boat at LOTO I looked at last fall. Twin canopied deck, no engines/drives, trailer included. If you're interested, it could probably be bought for under $5K.
Gary

Gary if it is like the hull above Im all over it...
Please Hook me up with the info.

Gerry
Old 12-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Registered

The hull is rougher than that one. Like I said, ex race boat, but I didn't find any structural problems. Twin/split canopied deck with rough race interior. Rigging is there, but I would syggest replacing it. But the trailer alone is probably worth $5K.
See the following links for info on it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=active

I'll call and get contact info for you today.
Gary
Old 12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Two K's
Your last project looks great!! Thats not what your trading with cash for the tunnel is it? If so I would rethink the cash part. Knock him down as much as you can. I can see your more than able to do the project. One thing I would check is the fuel tanks. If they are in bad shape and under the floor that project could be alot bigger. Good luck with it. It will look great when it's done. My personal thought is the tunnel is worth about 15,000 to 20,000 without a trade providing tanks and interior is good to fair. meaning if the seat frams are shot than you can't reupholster them and you don't have to cut the floor out to change the tanks.Kool project though
From my understanding the tank is out, no cokpit either. The first time I made contact with the seller. I almost fell off my chair when he told me $65K. We are much closer now
However some have to much money in there boats to actually realize what is the true
market value. I really didnt want to insult the seller. I realize i have more money in my engines then my hull is worth. I would need a serious tail wind to get 20K for my Hustler
bare hull with trailer. Its not about resale its about spending the least and getting the most.
Thats why these projects fire me up I can take a 20 year old relic and throw hours and short money at it and looks like I spent 300K on it. Then again If I had the money or the
balls to make the payments maybe I would be in a MTI or A Skater. Im playing with the hand I have. The only things I cannot change is the year and the lenth.
Gerry
Old 12-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

The hull is rougher than that one. Like I said, ex race boat, but I didn't find any structural problems. Twin/split canopied deck with rough race interior. Rigging is there, but I would syggest replacing it. But the trailer alone is probably worth $5K.
See the following links for info on it.

I'll call and get contact info for you today.
Gary
Gary one of the posts refers to the weight with trailer 12,000 pounds.
ill give 3500 for the trailer puts the boat at 8500. This is the kind of info
im looking for.
Thanks for your help on this
Gerry
Old 12-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
It is an Active Thunder Hull.......I worked for Morgan when he owned the boat and it was plush had a killer cocpit finish he won a race on lake mead I believe in the boat.......he has alot of pics and probably some video.....I will do some digging I think I have some old Shoot out pics of it.....I think Iggy was at the helm when this AT was built....as far as price all of these guys could not be more right on the adding up and extra's but if you own all gear I would not want to be in for more than 60k when done so what ever your time is worth........you could probably get 50k for it about any time if it was running and looked nice like the Hustler (looked like a hustler) you re-did. just my .02
Yes you recognized it!!! Bob Morgan told me the same Story. I called him and aked if he had any hulls around that I could throw big power at and Arnesons. He gave me the lead.
Its a prime canidate for rough water big power.
Thats what started this.
Jesse any info you can dig up would be great.
Thanks for your help
Gerry
Old 12-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen30
if this can be had gerry,,go for it.you should be king of narragansett bay,,except for the ol's and xxx. keep us informed.
Lets Go for it Bill you run the throttles Ernie can navigate Tom can be straped to the back to fix the engines when you blow them up And Ill be safe on my friends 38 formula
with a Budlite in one hand and a video camera in the other so everyone can see it.

Gerry
Old 12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hard On
dang caveman nice looking pain job there. if you have the heart and will power to do it go for it, just besure to get a good price on the hull first.
I think the price on the hull is what this is all coming down to.
Wish my Hustler was as big as yours.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Registered

Caveman,
Just sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.
Gary
Old 12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Caveman,
Just sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it.
Gary
Gary Just got off the phone with Carl. Nice Straight up guy.
I am Emailing him a picture of this and he in return will send me some of the older one.
It sounds to good to be true. I think he told me there is no cabin. and it is setup with 4 seats to race. But heck for the price ya cant beat it. Do you remember the condition
of it ? Why didnt you pick it up?

Thanks Again Gary.

Gerry

Quick Reply: Active Thunder Cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.