Notices

cool flashligt

Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
i got this flashlight last tuesday from REI. its an LED made be Princton Tec and claimed to have outstanding battery life so i thought i would put it to the test. i turned it on and it has been going for 5 days straight with no loss in brightness so far (i expect it to go for a few more days). pretty cool thought you guys might like to check it out, might be a nice one to keep on the boat for emergancy use.
Are you sure it's been working continuously for 5 days? Maybe it went off when you weren't looking. I think you should actually sit and watch it before you give us your report!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

LMFAO . . . . Rob how the heck did you find this 'ol thread? The funny part is i clicked on it after reading the title and saw Gino's post and i was like "what the?" then i jumped to page one and saw it was a thread i started years ago. toooo funny. I lost that flashlight long ago but replaced it with a similar one. I like these cool head lamps these days. This one is a Primus five bulb led that only uses three AAA's. Pretty damn bright for such a small package

this technology also deserves a look though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYHwxO2Uu8
Attached Thumbnails cool flashligt-0103101620a_324581.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-03-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
LMFAO . . . . Rob how the heck did you find this 'ol thread? The funny part is i clicked on it after reading the title and saw Gino's post and i was like "what the?" then i jumped to page one and saw it was a thread i started years ago. toooo funny. I lost that flashlight long ago but replaced it with a similar one. I like these cool head lamps these days. This one is a Primus five bulb led that only uses three AAA's. Pretty damn bright for such a small package

this technology also deserves a look though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYHwxO2Uu8
I started thinking about flashlights again,Trying to figure out what kind to buy,the selection out there is unreal, I want a good one figure around $100-250.,i was searching the flash light fourms and remembered this thread,lol How do you loose a light,The only thing Ive lost ever was a pocket knife for 12 years then found it in my yard

I dont want your youtube shakeit style,

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought one of those shaky flashlights when they 1st came out. Broke the thing open for a looky see only to find it had a small standard calculator battery in it.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I started thinking about flashlights again,Trying to figure out what kind to buy,the selection out there is unreal, I want a good one figure around $100-250.,i was searching the flash light fourms and remembered this thread,lol How do you loose a light,The only thing Ive lost ever was a pocket knife for 12 years then found it in my yard

I dont want your youtube shakeit style,

Rob
uhhh . . . wait a minute . . . there are flashlight forums? . . . you mean like flashlightsonly.com? . . . . . . . . a hundred fifty to two fifty? . . . . for a flashlight?!?!?

this ones all you really really cool flashlight(a G for a stinkin flashlight? )

Actually i broke the case on this one, fixed it then pretty much moved on to a new one.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started thinking about flashlights again,Trying to figure out what kind to buy,the selection out there is unreal, I want a good one figure around $100-250.

Rob
The best money can buy. Just ask any Military/Law enforcement person or read the "True Stories" on thier site. http://www.surefire.com/
Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vindicator101
The best money can buy. Just ask any Military/Law enforcement person or read the "True Stories" on thier site. http://www.surefire.com/
his one is small,pricey,70 lum

http://www.surefire.com/lightT1A

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
If this was a live WebCam I would never sleep. . . . four 3xA batteries . . . now I don't know about the rest of you, but I will NEVER again own a non-rechargeable battery. It's almost an obsession now.

I have 36 rechargeable batteries - from 3xA to 9v. . . I plan to add more. The only kink in my habit is the availability of the Carl's Jr. Chili-Cheese Six-dollar Cheeseburger . . .
Honest to GOD - there is NOTHING short of a Tommy's ( SoCal only ) that can even approach the DECADENCE of the CJ6CC ( Carls Jr. Six-Dollar Chili-Cheeseburger ).

But I digress . . . any money I would not spend on the CJ6CC would be spent on 3xA batteries for my new flashlight. . . if GD can reassure us all that this SPECIFIC flashlight is worth the investment. . . only *time*. . . will . . . tell.
I'll take a Dave's cheeseburger (Fairfield Calif ONE & ONLY) over any franchise burger.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Either a recharge halogen mag. or a halogen rechargable stingerlite. Mag is about 80-120 depeding on where you get it. The stinger is about 120-150. I have 4 mags and 1 stinger. Mag is a bit big but lights well. Stinger is a much smaller version but with it being a halogen bulb it lights nice and bright just not as much area as a mag. Can i get a burger for input sounds like i need to try one.
-Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

his one is small,pricey,70 lum

http://www.surefire.com/lightT1A
The new ones are always pricey to cover the design cost. Try one of these. http://www.surefire.com/G3L http://www.surefire.com/6P-Led

Quick Reply: cool flashligt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.