Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   J and J SALES IS THE NEW CIGARETTE AND FOUNTAIN DEALER FOR NORTHERN OHIO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91918-j-j-sales-new-cigarette-fountain-dealer-northern-ohio.html)

Queenie 12-07-2004 01:41 PM

Re: J and J SALES IS THE NEW CIGARETTE AND FOUNTAIN DEALER FOR NORTHERN OHIO

We'll check them out when we attend the Cleveland Boat Show in January.

SSComp 12-07-2004 03:59 PM

Check the bad dealers list I posted. J&J will become another National within time. That reminds me I need to file a suit against them. Not many return customers at their shops.

If you take delivery be sure to check over the boat very well, believe nothing they say, read the fine print.

They took a Sea Rayer in on trade from a "very good customer that they did all the maintence on" I purchased it under the condition that it runs well but in rough cosmetic condition. They said they "can not sell any boat unless it is in good working order" They said they replaced the stator with the new red style. Compression was good. I took them at their word.

Once all was said and done. New starter, new fuel pump, new reed valves. J&J denied touching the boat and never replaced the sator even though one of the mechanics wrenches (I think 13/16 snapon) was in the boat. Said they would take care of the problem infornt of a winteness when I tried to return the boat 2 days later (so I wouldn't cancel the check). Next week they said you bought the boat "as-is".

I was very calm through the whole deal expecting them to be honest. Got played as a sucker.

They have a horrible reputation in the Port Clinton area. Most mechanics are not certified or knowledgable in any way.

Just my input.

PorscheSpeed 12-07-2004 04:33 PM

So will J&J replace national marine at cleveland boat show?

DENNYB 12-07-2004 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by PorscheSpeed

yes,thats right.

HyperBaja 12-07-2004 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DENNYB
yes,thats right.

Cool!

So what are the dates on the show?

Monke 12-07-2004 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by HyperBaja
Cool!

So what are the dates on the show?

I believe the 14-23 of January

Queenie 12-08-2004 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by monke
I believe the 14-23 of January

Those dates are correct!

LEOPAJM 12-08-2004 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by PorscheSpeed

More importantly , will they replace National in the court system ? Hopefully not !!!

And , will they step up to the plate with the Poker Runs America or similar event ?

Interesting .....

DENNYB 12-08-2004 02:24 PM

Dan Jenkins, The Owner of J & J Sales is a straight up business man for over 25 years, and is still involved with recreational products. I could not imagine anyone classifying him as a another possible National. Dan did busness with me for ten years when i sold him boats. To type in a statement saying to everyone on this board, It would be like if some other boat dealer who takes on these lines of boats could possibly be the next National in Northern Ohio? Thats Wrong !!! Here is an established individual who is willing to invest hundreds of thousands of his own personal dollars to stock inventory and put dignity back into doing business with customers out there with performance boats ! You need to know Mr. Jenkins before any derogatory statements are posted..I applaud his commitment he has now made towards the performance boating market in Northern Ohio.

LEOPAJM 12-08-2004 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by DENNYB
Dan Jenkins, The Owner of J & J Sales is a straight up business man for over 25 years, and is still involved with recreational products. I could not imagine anyone classifying him as a another possible National. Dan did busness with me for ten years when i sold him boats. To type in a statement saying to everyone on this board, It would be like if some other boat dealer who takes on these lines of boats could possibly be the next National in Northern Ohio? Thats Wrong !!! Here is an established individual who is willing to invest hundreds of thousands of his own personal dollars to stock inventory and put dignity back into doing business with customers out there with performance boats ! You need to know Mr. Jenkins before any derogatory statements are posted..I applaud his commitment he has now made towards the performance boating market in Northern Ohio.

I 'll buy that !!! It would be nice to see a strong presence in this area for the performance boat customer ... There aren't currently many choices within a couple hour radius . I hope they do well and are around for 50 years !!! Most of the NEW boats in the area are coming out of Florida ... and some folks just aren't "comfortable" dealing with someone that far away ?!!??!!?