Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette hull #s??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92021-cigarette-hull-s.html)

NJgr8ful 12-08-2004 03:01 PM

Cigarette hull #s???

I've got hull #'s for a boat I'm considering. Where can I 'run' Cig hull # to get a history or what options are available for history type info on a boat?

TIA Chris

OldSchool 12-08-2004 03:24 PM

Re: Cigarette hull #s???

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
I've got hull #'s for a boat I'm considering. Where can I 'run' Cig hull # to get a history or what options are available for history type info on a boat?

TIA Chris

Go to the Cigarette Forum and do a search for "HIN". It's all explained there. There really isn't any "real" info included in the HIN like there is for a car.

What it will tell you
CRT= manufacturer
What Model
What # hull
What month and year it was made
What model year

...That's it :drink:

NJgr8ful 12-08-2004 03:31 PM

Thx Craig :) Is there any info about what power/drives/options etc were originally sold in boat? I place a call to CRT in FL 305-931-4564 and waiting for Bud to call me back.

No CarFax for Cigs yet, huh??!? :D :D lol

NJgr8ful 12-08-2004 03:33 PM

CigFax :p (maybe someday)

OldSchool 12-08-2004 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
Thx Craig :) Is there any info about what power/drives/options etc were originally sold in boat? I place a call to CRT in FL 305-931-4564 and waiting for Bud to call me back.

No CarFax for Cigs yet, huh??!? :D :D lol

Don't hold your breath!! I think that alot of that info was thrown away when "the move" took place. I would think that you would have better luck posting a picture of the boat on here. :chimp: :cool: Maybe Craig Barrie or Scott Smith will respond. They seem to remember alot about many of the boats that were produced "back in the good ole days" :D :D

NJgr8ful 12-08-2004 04:19 PM

I emailed Mr CB, he said to call CRT and speak to Bud :eek: :)

Didn't some rather ambitious 'historians' find some records at some offices on 188th a few months / a year ago??? Maybe the # I'm interested in is in those records :)

lucky strike 12-08-2004 04:37 PM

I never had problems getting ahold of Bud, but maybe he likes me. How can you not like Lucky JR :D :D??? Our Mistress (1984) originally came with 330s and TRS.

LS JR.

Roger 1 12-08-2004 04:44 PM

I called and left a message for Bud requesting information on my top gun. The next day he called back and left a message on my machine with all the information that I had requested.....Thanks Bud!

NJgr8ful 12-08-2004 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I never had problems getting ahold of Bud .....

Your not old enuf to drink :D :D Put in a good word for me Jr.

Thx Rog ... I'll prolly hear something tomorrow

cbdragon 12-08-2004 05:27 PM

They have all the information and they will call you. cb