Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   West Michigan guys - anyone know Thunderhead Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92025-west-michigan-guys-anyone-know-thunderhead-marine.html)

dockrocker 12-08-2004 03:27 PM

West Michigan guys - anyone know Thunderhead Marine?

Looking at a boat that has 502's that were "freshened" by Thunderhead Marine in Grand Haven (I believe it is G.H.). Can anyone give me feedback on these guys? More details on the boat to follow, if things look promising...

Waterfoul 12-08-2004 03:31 PM

Re: West Michigan guys - anyone know Thunderhead Marine?

Lived and boated here all my life... never heard of them. Let me look in the yellow pages.... be right back...

LEOPAJM 12-08-2004 03:33 PM

I met a girl at "Smoke" two years ago called "Thunderhead" !!??!?!? :D

Waterfoul 12-08-2004 03:33 PM

I have the Grand Rapids, Holland, and Grand Haven area phone books here... not listed in any of them.

boatfreak 12-08-2004 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
I met a girl at "Smoke" two years ago called "Thunderhead" !!??!?!? :D

:D :D :D :D

baronmarine 12-08-2004 04:30 PM

i have never heard of them myself. i've been boating in grand haven for 30yrs.
ouch that hurts!!

The Menace 12-08-2004 04:44 PM

Contact Dave at Wesco, Jenison, MI. He knows his stuff, has his own dyno and there is no second rate flunkies wrenching your stuff back together. Dave does it humself.

OOppsy, thought you had to get some done. Sorry.

tamburello 12-08-2004 04:47 PM

Could it be Thunder Marine? Thunder Marine was a Cigarette, Donzi, Fountain, etc. dealer that was based in Holland on Chicago drive and later moved to Hudsonville where the Harley Davidson/Buell dealership is now. They were part of Pier 33 and that store was closed a few years ago. They used to host a big poker run from St. Joe to Muskegon. I bought my Donzi from the in '95.

- Jeff

Waterfoul 12-08-2004 07:31 PM

Jeff, I was thinking the same thing after I posted above. I bought my boat at Thunder Marine in Holland. Used to have it serviced there too.... till their Merc. Master Mechanic went out on his own... then I took it to his business in Hudsonville called Offshore Upgrades.

dockrocker 12-08-2004 09:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Maybe - I talked earlier today with the guy selling this boat, and he told me:
  • He took the boat on trade for his 35' Cig
  • He kept the motors out of his Cig, and they are 1993 502's
  • They had been "freshened up" by Thunder Marine (something like that) last year
  • He's owned the Apache for 10 months and is selling to move into a Sea Ray

I thought it might be worth a look, but he sent me some pics today and the boat looks a little rough. Pics aren't that clear, but he's asking $45K and that seems high from what I see...

I think this boat has been on e-bay in the past as well.