Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well. >

I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well.

Notices

I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well.

My opinion is that the girl at the title bureau gave you bad info,,, I did not say that this is the easy route to take ,,, However state your case with conviction and remember that Possession is 9/10ths of the law ,,,, make the system work for you ,,, Ie.. Inside storage ,, fix engines, so that no more damage would accurr ,,, transportation cost ect: send it to the state and claim your cost !!!! I think you will win in the long run,,,, just my thoughts ,,,, good luck ,,
]
RHC
Old 12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well.

Did you check with the coast guard to see if the boat was documented? If so, you can use the coast guard documentation to obtain a title. That's what I did but that is in NJ.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Registered

I know Mike very well, He is an honest guy. i will call him tomorrow and find out what the deal is. Something is not right. the only time there wouldn't be a title is if the boat was documented. I also have many friends in the marine div. of the state police. PM me with last known Reg # and vin , make model year ect. i'll do what I can. Mark B.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the previous owner has an old Registration anywhere. The title # would be on there and they can send for a copy of the Title and sign it over also.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered

Was this boat a 1987 Scarab 38. All white with Scarab racing down the hull sides.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mfb357
I know Mike very well, He is an honest guy. i will call him tomorrow and find out what the deal is. Something is not right. the only time there wouldn't be a title is if the boat was documented. I also have many friends in the marine div. of the state police. PM me with last known Reg # and vin , make model year ect. i'll do what I can. Mark B.
Thanks I would greatly apperciate it. I have never talked with Mike only his wife. Mike has in no way been dishonest with me. I just have not been able to get a hold of him. the boat is titled to Mike. When he sold it it was either sold on a bill of sale or whoever he sold it to never actually transfered the title out of Mikes name and into theirs. Then after that it was sold 2 more times on a bill of sale.

I have the Hull id at home I'll get it to you later today when I get home. All I would need from Mike to resolve this would be to have him apply for a duplicate title and sign it over to me.

Can you please ask Mike to call me 440-315-5733

Thanks Rob

Last edited by Leathl_WS6; 12-10-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DONZI
If the previous owner has an old Registration anywhere. The title # would be on there and they can send for a copy of the Title and sign it over also.
Thanks Donzi I have been unable to speak with them. I do know who its titled to hopefully MFB can get me in contact with them so I can get this resolved.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MiamiVice
Was this boat a 1987 Scarab 38. All white with Scarab racing down the hull sides.
No it wasn't Miami. Its a 30ft Sutphen.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

MBF357 Were you able to get a hold of Mike?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered

MBF have not heard from you any luck getting a hold of Mike?

AudioFN I sent that out to you today I sent it next day so you'll have it tomorrow..

Rob

Quick Reply: I need some help getting a title in Boston Mass area may need legal help as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.