Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you prefer for your own boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92693-what-do-you-prefer-your-own-boat.html)

bouyhunter 12-18-2004 06:10 AM

What do you prefer for your own boat???

Myself, I like the old school flat decks, with simple graphics, and reliable power.
I see all these newer boats with wild paint job's and killer power that are just too much for me. They are great to look at, but that much power, maintainance, and $$?????
I'd rather have a mid 80's boat with simple graphics (although I did like the "checkers" going on in the early 90's) over some of the newer boats with swirls and 24 different colors.
80's boat with updated controls and gauges, maybe even update the interior a bit, but keep the lines classic.
So what do you all think??

38KV 12-18-2004 07:03 AM

Re: What do you prefer for your own boat???

3 Attachment(s)
I'm 100% with you! :drink: Here's my mild uppdated old school classic. :)

OldSchool 12-18-2004 07:04 AM

:cool: :cool: :cool:

R Addiction 12-18-2004 07:48 AM

Say no more right Craig!!! :cool: Old School is Cool!!!

I have an Active Thunder, (I can say it now Hugetime is up freezin' his azz off snowmobiling) and I love the Classic straight v bottom and the crisp lines of it along with the fuel injected big block. :D

WesSmith 12-18-2004 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Too Old
Old school with an updated helm and power.

Something like this would do me for a while....... :D

Hey Fred......

If you're not gonna use those babies, they would look real nice in my old school resin bucket :D :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the " old style " subdued, classic look will find it's way back into the mainstream.....like everything else, we go to the far end of a style then revert back to the basics.

My .02

MrCIG 12-18-2004 10:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Old School with mild updates

BajaFresh 12-18-2004 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If I ever repaint my boat it would look like this:

Wildchild212 12-18-2004 10:37 AM

I like the lines of the old school boats. Need to have updated interior and big horse power with updated drives. Too olds pics about nail it.

CBR 12-18-2004 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my 1988 Sonic 30SS. The new 31SS look exactly the same, but different paint. Oh yeah mine looks funny because of the custom modifications on the stern, but they fold down, remove in fifteen minutes.

The 38KV above is a sweet ride!

dykstra 12-18-2004 11:18 AM

38KV sweet boat! :D