Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which trailer do you have? What would you buy? >

Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?

Notices
View Poll Results: Which trailer would you buy. You can name your own if not on list.
Nextrail
3.08%
Owens
6.15%
Seahawk
3.08%
Myco
87.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?

Old 12-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?

Manning-best quality for the money
Old 12-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myco,had many,Myco is the best so far.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Myco is the best if you have diarreah of the wallet.
That's funny
Old 12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOAD-RITE hey my mother and Aunt work there
Old 12-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Myco....Top Shelf!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-29-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Registered

I have a Pacific under my 38 ZX and wouldn't have another if they paid me.

My next trailer will be a Myco or Manning.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

as h20 said i guess you may as well use a carage bolt to lock your receiver in insted of spending $15.00 for a forged steal receiver pin also. you should never cheap out, there not bayliners were pulling.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Picture 1: I had an Eagle trailer under my 22 Donzi. It was a nice trailer, but the finish of the paint job left a little to be desired. The surface was still rough like it had very little prep before it was painted. This was in 1995, so maybe they are better now. Overall though, it was a relatively nice trailer.

Picture 2: My 28' Pantera originally had a painted Myco under it, but the previous owner decided to keep it for his new boat.

Picture 3: Since I needed a trailer for the Pantera and the budget was tight, I ordered an aluminum Owens. It was a nice, basic trailer and seemed to be built fairly well. I used it for a couple of years with no problems before selling it with the boat. My only complaint with it is that it never looked like it actually fit the boat, even though it supported the boat very well. Like many other aluminum trailers, the rear bunks on this one hung off the back of the trailer frame quite a bit. This gave the appearance that the trailer was too short for the boat and that the bunks were extended to make the boat fit on there. This was not the case, it just looked that way. Other than that relatively insignificant point, it was a nice trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-1.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-2.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-3.jpg  

Old 12-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Picture 1: Just before selling the Pantera, we got the Top Gun. This boat was on a Myco when I bought it. This was my first Myco and this is the trailer that really sold me on their product. This trailer tracked as straight as an arrow, the weight balance was dead on, it fit the boat perfectly, it was easy to load the boat on and it towed so well that it absolutely amazed me. From this point on I have used nothing but Myco. Yes, they are a little more expensive than some of the others, but the end product combined with their great customer service make the added cost worth every penny.

Picture 2: The Top Gun was replaced by a Gladiator, which was on a Myco as well. This was my first new Myco and I was as impressed with this one as I was with the one that was under the Top Gun. Not only was the trailer perfect, but it was delivered at the quoted price and it was delivered ON TIME!

Picture 3: Unfortunately, the first Myco under the Gladiator was torn up in an accident when it was less than 2 months old. We were making a right hand turn and got struck from behind by an 82 year old woman that "didn't see it." Go figure. Anyhow, the trailer absorbed the impact and absolutely saved the boat. I'll post a few pics of the accident in the next post. So, we needed a new trailer, which was obviously going to be another Myco. This time I decided to try an aluminum one. This trailer, like the other ones from Myco, was flawless. The trailer was welded together, not bolted together like many other aluminum trailers out there. The welds were smooth and clean and the overall fit and finish of this thing was perfect. It was a really nice trailer.
Attached Thumbnails Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-4.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-6.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-5.jpg  

Old 12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here are a few pics of the accident. Can you say OUCH!
Attached Thumbnails Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-11.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-12.jpg   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?-13.jpg  

Quick Reply: Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.