Default Re: Its cold in NJ

-1 this morning. I HATE winter.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
yss
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Whatever happened to global warming? It was -2 here this morning. There's enough ice on the lake to skate on now.
No such thing. Global warming is warm liberal poop! Guys already have fishing shanties on the lake - 4 inches of ice already and no snow. Anyone got an ice boat forsale?
Attached Thumbnails Its cold in NJ-iceboat.jpg  
Old 12-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

Apparently HOTBOAT had the same thing happen this AM as Tantrum. I have never seen it happen with the defroster. I pulled my truck into a warm garage after being out in -25F and it happened, but never have I seen a defroster do it! What kind of toxic chit you guys in NJ have in your ANTIFREEZE?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:15 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Heater is just running and running$$$$$$$$$

Looks a little chilly in Miami as per the game!!
Old 12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Registered

Yeah, I couldn't get my truck started this am. I plugged in the block heater tonight and we'll see in the am.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

It is going to get in the single digits in Oklahoma this week too
Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Had -15 here this morning, supposed to get to 18-20 ABOVE zero today! Heatwave! Then rain on thursday. Whats up with that?
Old 12-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
In this thread I have seen TWO broken windshields from engaging the defroster in cold weather. TANTRUM - what kind of truck is it, and is it covered by warranty ?

I've been in 35 below ( without the wind chill, Saranac Lake NY ) and never seen that happen.
What's funny is that when your antifreeze freezes solid, your vehicle overheats.
Oxymoronic or what . . . ( if not, at least it's ironic ) . . .
< sorry for the off-topic >
Good question. Before last winter, I never had it happen to me, even in well below zero temps. When it happened to my Excursion, I had just gotten a stone chip in the windshield. (Incidentally, on my way home from Canada, where it was -20, and my windshield had been fine.)
When it happened, the truck was covered in ice. I went out to scrape it off, and got the door open first so I could start it. As I was scraping the back window, I heard a pop up front, and knew exactly what it was. The main crack went right through the stone chip, so that must have had something to do with it.
Fortunately, it was way cheaper than I thought it would have been.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
In this thread I have seen TWO broken windshields from engaging the defroster in cold weather. TANTRUM - what kind of truck is it, and is it covered by warranty ?

I've been in 35 below ( without the wind chill, Saranac Lake NY ) and never seen that happen.
What's funny is that when your antifreeze freezes solid, your vehicle overheats.
Oxymoronic or what . . . ( if not, at least it's ironic ) . . .
< sorry for the off-topic >
I had a couple things going against me.
I have an auto start and dindnt put the defroster on the night before as I usually do. The windshiels had some ice on it and I have several chips.
The truck ran for about 10-15 minutes and the motor was warm so when I turned the defroster on it was very warm air comming out. The crack shot acrross the windshield right through an existing chip.
The truck is an '02 Tahoe Z71 with 80k miles. The chips and high milage come from Snowmobile trips where last year we were in -35*+ several times so I think it more of a fluke thing than a manufacturing problem. 8* is cold but not that cold.
New windshiels, battery, fuel filter, belts etc, and a full grease job to push and moisture out is being done today to get ready for snowmobiling.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:46 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris, Did you get your picture?

Quick Reply: Its cold in NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.