Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally in Tampa! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93017-finally-tampa.html)

Shooter 12-23-2004 07:30 AM

Finally in Tampa!

Ok, Ok, only for those who care or have been following my year-long saga of gettin out of Jersey.

Finally moved in a couple weeks ago, got the boat at Home Port Marina, and just finished cleaning it up. Have not splashed it yet... bought a new C-MAP chip to keep it off the rocks.

Now I have to look all you guys up in the area that have been giving me pointers.

I thought I would miss 'Jersey, but I have to tell you, it's kinda hard when its Dec. 21 and 75 degrees and sunny.

kitten 12-23-2004 07:37 AM

Re: Finally in Tampa!

Ryan is having a fun run on NYD! :p

Shooter 12-23-2004 07:38 AM

Cool,

I need to get more info.

CigDaze 12-23-2004 08:34 AM

Welcome Shooter. Glad you made it down here. Enjoy it. :cool: :D

JGB 12-23-2004 09:37 AM

Welcome to the area! :)

McGary911 12-23-2004 10:40 AM

Good luck down there shooter! My sis just moved down there about 8 months ago. New Hyde Park. She's actually coming up to NJ today for Christmas! I get down there quite often.....heck, free room.....sun.....rough choice, huh? I hooked up with a bunch of Donzi guys down there and they showed me Shell Island.....very cool spot.

Enjoy the sun !

mopower 12-23-2004 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shooter
I thought I would miss 'Jersey, but I have to tell you, it's kinda hard when its Dec. 21 and 75 degrees and sunny.

I'll bet if you were there during the hurricanes you'da missed Joisey :p

Seriouly though , I've been down there many times between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it's really neat buying Christmas tree wearing shorts :cool:

Have a Merry Christmas Shooter

Shooter 12-23-2004 12:29 PM

Matter of fact, I bought my house during hurricane Jeanne.

Thanx Mike, I'm off the next two weeks and looking to go out for the first time. Sticking to the channel markers to start.

Too bad it's supposed to rain the next couple days... been sunny for the last week or so. That's my luck.

R Addiction 12-23-2004 12:31 PM

You guys make me sick!! :mad: I have to find a way for this to happen to me...maybe a doctors note about my onset of Arthritis (not kidding) 40 years old and I have the beginnings of arthritis in my hands. I am a mechanic so I need my hands.....The wheels are turnin'!! :D

JPD Motorsports 12-23-2004 12:40 PM

Will be out there in the end of MAy or early June again.....