Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93058-chemo-sucks-crappy-christmas-present.html)

dyno 12-23-2004 04:51 PM

Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present.

Well my father has gone through 15 weeks of Chemo for his Cancer he had a catscan this week and an appointment with his Doc today,we were hoping for one more treatment and then I'd get him on a plane south to Fort Meyers. Well to make a long story short the mass is only down by about 25% so he needs another 16 weeks.....bummer :( Hope he has it in him.....So do me a favor and give your Fathers a huge hug this Christmas and keep Dad in your prayers.
Thanks
Don

The Menace 12-23-2004 04:56 PM

Re: Chemo Sucks! Crappy Christmas present.

Thank God it is in recession.

Hey, they have chemo in Fort Myers too! Have the doc get him hooked up down there!

R Addiction 12-23-2004 05:00 PM

You and your father are in our thoughts.

I wish I could but I lost my father 31 years ago to a heart attack. Think about him on a daily if not hourly basis. :)

Formula Outlaw 12-23-2004 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear that. Help him "will" his way through it. Attitude is everything. He'll be okay.

bajabob38 12-23-2004 05:11 PM

Dyno.

Having been through this with my Father a couple yrs back and can say I feel your pain, I hope your Father gets well soon, He will be in my prayers tonight.

GLH 12-23-2004 05:17 PM

Wish all of you guys the best he saounds like a fighter, that will help him.

SOX 12-23-2004 05:31 PM

dyno,

I'll keep your father in my prayers. My dad is battling cancer too, fortunatly no chemo but it's still no picnic. Stay strong for him and keep positive.

ROB

NJgr8ful 12-23-2004 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dyno
=...So do me a favor and give your Fathers a huge hug this Christmas and keep Dad in your prayers.
Thanks
Don

He is still here for you to hug. ;) Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.

fountain1fan 12-23-2004 05:57 PM

dyno my brother has jest been throught it. he is doing better , they took the port out 2 weekes ago. he had a stem cell transplant we have our fingers crossed . your family is in our prayers. robbie

CAP071 12-23-2004 06:37 PM

I will keep him in my Prayers.

I know how you feel.

When I was 18 we spent christmas in NY with my brother awaiting a bone marrow transplant. :(

GOD BLESS