West coast/Havasu regulars

Notices

West coast/Havasu regulars

Old 12-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by jordy
It's worth the trip, but I wouldn't go near there on the 4th, especially if you're looking for speed runs. I'd say some of the faster cats out there are in the 150-160+ range, but you're not going to see anywhere near that on a holiday weekend.

HH, I think you meant to bring the 1,000 SPF sunblock for the 4th.

Personally, I'll be going to Coronado again for the 4th. 80 degrees or so, chilly at night, no fights or drunken holiday weekend Havasu bs to contend with.
Might round up the New York gang and head down this summer.Were into the hanging thing[drink,boat,swim,drink,race]But responsibly.How many hours from NY?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen that Cyclone thats in Hot Boat this month there last summer doing tripple digits, I know I've seen Bourget doing tripple digits in his Skater, (formally Drambui On Ice) now Jokers Wild. My boat does 75+ (and its have a middle of the road boat) and I see plenty of boats passing me or keeping up. They dont enforce speed that I know of, if you did something dangerous they minght track you down but thats to be expected. I had a Marine Tech go inbetween me and my friends Fountain on the wrong side of the lake and he had to be doing well over a hundred, we were wot at about 75(72 for the Fountain!!!) and a ranger was right there. He did nothing, I was scared out of my mind, his spray soaked my boat. If that wasn't enough to warrant getting pulled over I dont know what would. Maybe the ranger figured he'd never catch him anyways?
It just goes to show you that you dont have to smart to own a boat........
Old 12-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

MnFastBoats,

You'll have a good time on the 4th. If you go to LOTO and enjoy party cove then you are used to the large crowds. Havasu seems to be a lot more crowded because everyone hangs basically from Copper Canyon north (To the sand bar) and everywhere in between. But if you want to get away (even on the big weekends) just head south towards Havasu Springs. Theres area's up there where you can get some speeds going no prob.

If you want a dock, get to the London Bridge Resort. The largest club in town is located there (Kokomos), the restraunt is good (hung over breakfasts) and you can get a room overlooking the docks if you book like right this minute . They have suites too w/a large decks on the roof. however, they are pricey. If you don't mind beaching your boat in soft sand you can stay at the Nautical Inn. They have a cool outside bar called the Naked Turtle and the restraunt there is good for hung-over breakfasts too. I always like staying at a house or condo myself (usually cheaper and nicer) You may want to take Chris up on his offer.

I too would avoid launching everyday due to the launch issues they are having right now with the main marina. It's becoming a pain is the a$$ to launch there. Hopefully it will get cleared up soon though.

They are (off and on) enforcing the limit of 35' in the channel. We were on a Tiger w/HavasuCig following us in his T/G and we were asked (politely) to leave. This was during a big poker run. But it's not that big of a deal really.

Some areas are also enforceing the noise restrictions (86dbs I believe) like the main marina and from what we were told in October Site 6 (the other decent size marina) will be checking db levels as boats launch after the first of the year. But there are always other ramps to get on at and I have NEVER seen anyone getting tested on the water.

"Average" speeds on the lake you ask. ALL speeds/sizes are represented on that lake. I wouldn't say the "Average" boat is running over 100 there. But yes, there are definately 100+ and 150+mph boats running there like Blings and Mike Bobbits. I would say the "Average" boat is running in the 65-100mph range on any given weekend.

Another thing. The main place to hang out is the sand bar, but as some have stated they (local P.D.) close down the sand bar on large weekends, 4th included. The crowds then split up between Copper Canyon, Steamboat, The channel, and the mini sand bar. All are good places to chill, take in the "scenery" and enjoy a few cocktails.

If you need anything drop me an e-mail.

Tank
Old 12-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Might round up the New York gang and head down this summer.Were into the hanging thing[drink,boat,swim,drink,race]But responsibly.How many hours from NY?
Mapquest says over 2,500 miles...now that's a roadtrip!
Old 12-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

Talking Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by thisistank
Some areas are also enforceing the noise restrictions (86dbs I believe) like the main marina and from what we were told in October Site 6 (the other decent size marina) will be checking db levels as boats launch after the first of the year. But there are always other ramps to get on at and I have NEVER seen anyone getting tested on the water.
Unless they've changed that little turnaround deal to get down to the ramp, I wouldn't want to be launching any size boat over about 25' tops (at the far end tops) at Site 6. I'd head up to Windsor. Site 6 sucks.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Havasu on the 4th of July is for the oversexed testosterone fueled crowd. There are so many people there you cannot launch... unless it's 6 am... you cannot get up on plane anywhere near the bridge area without fear of running over PWC's ( hence the nick name, lake lice ) You cannot get into any of the bars or restaurants unless you jump in your car and drive to one. The police set up temporary motorhome jails to process the drunk crowd. Even if you aren't driving, but wobbling around on foot they will arrest you for public intoxication. Girls are frequently arrested for public nudity by lifting and flashing. Unless you want to listen to loud rap or hip hop music you cannot stand to be beached in the channel. I would NEVER go back to Havasu on a major holiday again. Then... if you do manage to survive the weekend and have to head back to Los Angeles... It is bumper to bumper traffic on Monday evening for 100 miles.. so you have to stay at least another day or two just to avoid the traffic... Never again.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Registered

Cool Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Havasu on the 4th of July is for the oversexed testosterone fueled crowd.... Never again.
But given the chance, would you go back again on a big weekend?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Registered

Unless they've changed that little turnaround deal to get down to the ramp, I wouldn't want to be launching any size boat over about 25' tops (at the far end tops) at Site 6. I'd head up to Windsor. Site 6 sucks.
Do you wear a Rolex when you launch?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Do you wear a Rolex when you launch?
One on each arm.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Registered

One on each arm.
But do they look the same?

Quick Reply: West coast/Havasu regulars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.