Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics. >

Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics.

Notices

Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics.

I figured I would throw this out to the general population for a quick response.

I have the privelage of viewing most everything here on the site so I don't know what those that haven't paid for this privelage can see and access.

If a non paying member enters the classified section of the board can they view the pics in this section? Just wondering. I guess this question would apply to someone that has not registered either. Can they view pics in the classified section?

I have been on a never ending search for the perfect boat for several months now. While on this search I have stumbled across a couple of sites that will remain anonymous. These sites also require paying membership like we have here. I have no problem with this. However, you cannot see pics of the boats in the classifed section either. Seems like this has just limited the potential market for the person placing the ad IMO.

Why would someone want to purchase a membership to a site just to have the opporunity to view a couple of classifieds they MIGHT be interested in?

Buck
Old 01-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics.

I'm a non paying member and CAN view most pics posted anywhere whether it be general discussion, the bilge, or the classifieds.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about membership rules concerning viewing and posting pics.

A guest and registered non paying member can view the pics in the OSO Classified section. Log out of your user id and view the site.

Last edited by Jigsaw89; 01-02-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lildreamer if you can see all pics and aren't paying I would not be telling everyone about it
Old 01-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

K...thanks all. That's pretty much what I thought.

Seems odd to me that one would need to join and pay just to see classifieds. This would not be in the best interest of the person placing the ad IMO. Seems there's another site that doesn't see it that way.

Buck
Old 01-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lildreamer86
I'm a non paying member and CAN view most pics posted anywhere whether it be general discussion, the bilge, or the classifieds.

I think that secret came out a few months ago

But for future reference---SHHHHH! Its our little secret