Allan4

Default Re: Need snowmobile parts

THANK YOU TANTRUM!!!!

Very cool

I will keep my eye on it.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Allan4

I'm not sure what that stabilisator is either. Everything else I understand. I never went back to see what I hit or how big it was, it wasnt until about 5-10 minutes later that I even saw the thing bent up. It still drove fine. It was a decent jolt to the sled, but nothing that would really even make you think you possibly broke something. Regardless...water under the bridge at this point.

To make matters worse, I have talked to maybe 5 or 6 people today about this and almost all of them said that the shop I rented this thing from are very well known for being shisters. Infact, the one guy said he has a mechanic freind about 45 minutes from that shop that sees about "1 of every 3 or 4" new sleds they sell come to his shop to repair things that were installed incorrectly from the original place of purchase (shop that I rented from). It is known around here to be a big problem with these guys. So...there are alot of open ends here. All in all I want to be fair and do the right thing, it just sure seems like I am taking a beating on this deal.

The guys on teh Ski-doo forum seem to be giving us a fair assessment. As I have stated, I am not trying to hide from this deal, I just know that they have options and protection for situations like this and are trying to jam me. For petes sake, they are in the rental business. They are not clean in this deal, especially after learning about what type of people I am dealing with. It seems all the locals will not even deal with them, the reputation they have has been earned quite effeectively it seems. Go figure.

My attorney has advised me to walk. Let them come get me as she feels they have several falacies in their system...it seems she does not trust them either after I have shared info with her.

Not sure what to do here, all in all, as I have said, I want to take the high road, I like to do things honest, that's the only way I know, I just HATE getting screwed.

Suggestions?

Thanks again guys for all the help, I really really appreciate it very much.

Oh...btw those plastic skis are garbage....

Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems your in a tough spot.
From what they are saying the dealer is hitting you at list for all the repairs. Nobody seemed to mention that there was a problem in the past and I know I read (but cant find it) that they did make the parts stronger in '05. Not sure about the 500 though because it is a base model sled.
Im sure you have a bit of a bad taste but the REV's are killer sleds. Maybe they would cut you a deal to buy it.
For anyone that rides a Doo www.DooTalk.com is a great site as I think you can see from the feedback.
Let us know how you make out.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

You got off easy. I had a terrible accident in Quebec with my friend on a 2005 Mach Z was T boned by my 800X. I had to rebuild the entire sled. The Mach is also needs a lot of work. My friend has a broken leg and I fractured my wrist. I need all those parts and more.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Ken
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope everyone recovers fully.
I was speaking with Bernie and he said you were doing a bit of welding. Ill send you a PM with my number. Id like to see who your buying from and I also have a new trailer you might want to look at. Its a 5x20' in line and tows like a dream.
Chris
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Ken your PM doesnt work.
Give me a call in the office tomorrow.
973.478.5001x616
Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Allan4

583, yes, I saw the broken parts. It still drove fine, I know that sounds crazy but I had to ride about 10 miles home. The rental contract is pretty specific, but she (my attorney) thinks that there are some issues with the process and how they go about business. All in all, it was an accident, accidents happen. I cant help but think that perhaps this thing was not set up correctly. Considering thier reputation, that is a possibility. I wish I woulda known all this before I rented I called Ski-doo and that was pretty much a waste of 5 minutes of my life. They had absolutely zero info for me and offered basically no help.

Like I said, I dont have a problem taking responsibility for something I did, but there are just ALOT of question marks with this whole thing, ontop of the fact that they are trying to make about $800 or $900 off me for repairs, eventhough I am being completely straight with them. I know they cant just give stuff away, but I am trying to work with them and they really aren't looking to help me too much. They act like they are bending over backwards, giving me "10%" off retail for parts...lol...give me a break, how stupid do you think I am...lol. That 10% puts it right in line with the other dealers retail price...so you know they are doubling thier $ from that. Oh well...enough griping, just rubbed a bit wrong here.

Anyway...I got into this mess and I will do the right thing to remedy it. I am going to get soaked pretty good, but atleast I will be able to sleep at night. That's worth more than the $ anyway.

Thanks for the help guys, I really really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it works out, looks like I will be buying a sled that I can't afford

Old 01-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So then buy it, fix it and sell it again.

p.s. crossmember? 25 mph? something doesn't add up here.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Allan4

That's the plan...and yes...you are right...something does not add up. That is why I am so worked up about this thing......

Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Allan4

Suprisingly, the guys on Dootalk seem to think that this is legit...this much damage can occur with minimal impact. Pretty disappointing in my book.....

Quick Reply: Need snowmobile parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.