Notices

West Palm Beach

Old 01-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: West Palm Beach

I live in Jupiter, 15 minutes North of West Palm. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the Country.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area since 1979. Many people I know are going North to escape the traffic and congestion. The Jupiter area is great. Check out Tequesta too. Good Luck.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jupiter is nice the wife has family there....Hobe sound is cool too
Old 01-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

If you like Loxahatchee/Acreage, try the area known as Jupiter Farms. Same land sizes(1/14-2/1/2 acres), same $$$, and only 1 mile west of I-95 and the turnpike.

I'm building there and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. If you don't mind a little drive Pt. St. Lucie is still cheap and growing fast.

Greg
Old 01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Another Racer in Jupiter, great Cash, we got to get together. Kirk (throttleman for JD Byrider lives here as well)
Old 01-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FloridaDan
West Palm Beach has been in the local news alot lately because they've had over a dozen murders in just a couple of months, way above "normal". Its gotten so bad they recently held a big meeting with the mayor, police, and city council all trying to figure out what they can do to stop it. Its like alot of neighborhoods in Florida, you've got beautiful very expensive areas on the water yet just a couple of blocks away there's outright poverty which brings in drug activity and crime. Unfortunately in some areas you've got to drive through the slumy neighborhoods to get to your multi million dollar home.
Palm Beach lakes,

The reason I said dont buy downtown.

Acreage is cool, but like everyone said, you gotta trailer a bit. If you want waterfront, norther is cheaper, if ya got the $$$ Jupiter or Saint Lucie waterfront , if ya really got some $$$$ Boca, Delray, or Boynton Watefront.

Lucky, I agree with lauderdale, and that is why I say Boca, I am halfway between Lauderdale, and Palm Beach, and I an Right near the Turnpike, so I can trailer to Miami, and the Keys with ease.

I work in Palm Beach Gardens, close to Jupiter, nice area, just a little to pricey for me right now, I bought my house in West Boca 2 years ago, and have a small mortgage payment, and tons of equity in my house, probably going to stay here a little longer, but if I did move, it would be either to the Acreage(for lot size), or Jupiter(for short commute, and water access).

Rick
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

WPB has a population of 100,000. 10,000 apartments/condos have recently been built or are being built near downtown. A group spent $30 mil to buy a 4 acre site north of downtown to build condos and it isn't on the water.