Notices

Amt 30 - 2.5 Or 300x

Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Amt 30 - 2.5 Or 300x

Originally Posted by dan lawrence

I will say that in my opinion the spectre 30 is a better consumer boat.
Hey Dan, just curious why?

I was quite impressed personally with the performance of the AMT in Key West. And was actually thinking it seemed like a hell of a buy.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
RVR Tricks, which AMT are you thinking of buying? If you are comming from a big block boat either engine will be fine for you. You probably won't notice the difference between the two if you are new to Outboards. The Verrado motor probably won't be available to the public any time soon. Where are you going to be boating, how fast do you want to go, can you read a measuring cup, is 93 available where you boat, is there a Mercury OB mechanic near where you are? Both engines are great engines and the final performance numbers are very close between the two. I would think that 2.5 parts are alittle easier to come by though.

Curtis for a guy that used to spend more money on BEER for his team in one weekend than some people spent on racing why are you nickel and diming. If you are only going to turn it less than 7000 why would you need to "SOUP IT UP"? Just send your powerheads to Big John and let him rebuild them.
Ryan, I'm on the west coast. i boat mainly in lake havasu, parker strip and would like to participaye in the SCOPE Runs ( Long Beach to Catalina approx 26 mi one way) The boat would be the 30 AMT. Being on the west coast we have the skaters, and spectre's (outboards) I have not seen 1 AMTaccept for the one with 1000 colors finished by West Coat Rigging. Dan Lawernce and Maximus both say the spectre is a better CONSUMER boat... are they saying that because of Spectres use of cup holder and rubrails or??? Just asking no offence. Yes we do have the Merc. shops, Yes i can do the meassuring cup, Yes to the octane. Don't mean to waste everyones time but spending the $$$ i have to make the right choice.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

RVRTICKS I totally understan it is a huge amount of money to spend , I am not trying to be a smart a$$. Are you going to but the colorful boat or order a new boat? There have only been 12 boats built from these molds so far so really not alot of choices. They are say the spectre is a better pleasure boat because it has a rub rail, cup holders, more storage, and a built in cooler. I think you would be happy with eiter engine option and will bot perform well for you. The 2.5 is a little trickier to shift but not bad if you take your time.
Curtis it sounds lke to me you hae a problem with the people that work on your boat the boat or engines it self. The engines on your boat do have alot of time and are seveal years old so stff is going to start breaking.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
RVRTICKS I totally understan it is a huge amount of money to spend , I am not trying to be a smart a$$. Are you going to but the colorful boat or order a new boat? There have only been 12 boats built from these molds so far so really not alot of choices. They are say the spectre is a better pleasure boat because it has a rub rail, cup holders, more storage, and a built in cooler. I think you would be happy with eiter engine option and will bot perform well for you. The 2.5 is a little trickier to shift but not bad if you take your time.
Curtis it sounds lke to me you hae a problem with the people that work on your boat the boat or engines it self. The engines on your boat do have alot of time and are seveal years old so stff is going to start breaking.
New Boat... do you have any info on the 400hp motors? sounds like 300's are the way to go? i want 4-5 people alot gas and do a solid 95-100 and get there without having people leaning forward to plain and have the power to get it there fairly quick not watching the gps slowing move mph and mph.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered

My motors are older 98 but they only have 120 hrs on them. About 15 since the rebuild.

You are right its the people working on it. Im not in florida where its easy to get stuff fixed.

CM
Old 01-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Racer
Racer

RVTRICKS the 400hp OBs aren't going to be out any time soon. If you need any AMT info give me a cll or email me
941-758-3303
[email protected]
Old 01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaneil
Hey Dan, just curious why?

I was quite impressed personally with the performance of the AMT in Key West. And was actually thinking it seemed like a hell of a buy.
AMT Pleasure boat VS Spectre

The Spectre hull and the AMT hull run neck and neck depending on set up and props.

The spectre liner is cleaner as a one piece and the boat has several creature comforts such as three compartments and a separate built in cooler. In my opinion the fit and finish of the Spectre is superb. The actual interior upholstery is built by the same company I just happen to like the interior better. I do not know what the price is on the AMT pleasure but I know that the 30 Spectre is a tremendous value for a 100plus mph ocean rig.

Spectre's paint shop offers the finest paint work I have seen.

The non rub rail AMT is cool lookin but on a pleasure everyday boat I am glad I have one.

By the way I own two spectre's a 28 and a 30 and my brother owns a 24. My answer has bias!!! Factory support is tremendous.

compare the pic's of my boat and the amt in the classified's.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Amt 30 - 2.5 Or 300x-spectre21.jpg  
Old 01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dan,

Definitely a beauty. Thanks for responding.

Neil
Old 01-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Registered

Does anyone know about the 2 AMT 30's in the classifieds? Seem that they have been there for some time.... anything i should know, secrets, anything?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Racer
Racer

The yellow and blak boat is about to be another board members here. The all white boat has the red white and blue interior. It was poker ran one season and raced the followingas SEATOW and won the national championship in SBI. I don't think anything is wrong with either boat.

Quick Reply: Amt 30 - 2.5 Or 300x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.