Question on Snowmobile?? for the northernpeople >

Question on Snowmobile?? for the northernpeople

Notices

Question on Snowmobile?? for the northernpeople

Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question on Snowmobile?? for the northernpeople

I have the new Yamaha Vector and LOVE IT! The only other sled I would buy personally for me would be a REV! Leavin' for Canada this afternoon! HAPPY TRAILS HAPPY TRAILS!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Shane, where are ya headin to?
Old 01-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

Thanks guys. I bought the 700 Yamaha. I'm going to buy a smaller sled for my girlfriend. I will be taking so trips to PA. and NY. soon. Who rides in these states and where are the cool places...bars for sled riders......
Old 01-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

I've got an F7 sno pro and the 800 Renegade. Both are fantastic sleds. You can't beat the EFI on a cold morning or the arm straigtening acceleration of the F7. Still the fastest sled on the market. Yes, even faster than the MachZ in the quarter mile. The renegade has much more controllable power and you don't get beat up as much on the trails. I would say that the handling between the two is comparable. Most people I think would disagree but once you put some bigger carbides on the F7 it handles great. The F7 seems much more stable when jumping, but maybe I haven't gotten used to the renegade yet. Only have 300 miles on it.

The Renegade is great on the trails and even better off trail. The F7 is limited off trail because of its narrow track, just doesn't have the flotation of the ski-doo or any other sled for that matter because of it. That being said it still did remarkably well hill climbing in Wyoming in the Snowies and Sierra Madres but wouldn't compare to the handling of the renegade or a mountain sled. If you're going out west though, I'd recommend a Polaris. I've ridden them and even though I'm not a Polaris fan they are awesome in the mountains. The other reason I'd recommend Polaris is if you have a problem in the mountains good luck finding an Arctic Cat, Yamaha, or Doo Dealer. The M7 is supposed to be a great sled in the mountains as well, time will tell.

I'd recommend puttin the F7 engine in the Renegade chassis and adding reverse.

Sled when you can't boat!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Shane I just got back Monday from STZenon.The trails north of Cabanon are the best.Watch for a few icy corners close to the towns.Enjoy the new Vector,it should be great on those trails.The Revs are a bit top heavy for fast cornering,but handle the bumps great.My SLP piped viper outran two 800x revs all weekend on the lake and in the trails.
Be safe and have fun.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Touchy Subject

Originally Posted by Airpacker
You do know that there is a big difference between BRP, the makers of skidoo and Bombardier Intl., the makers of trains and planes right. One makes profits, one loses tax dollars.

Do you think it maters to the SOBs that give out the money....Both companies are in that "other country" Just joking Louis makes a pretty good sled next to ARTCO

Old 01-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Registered

Go Arctic Cat F7.. You Cant Beat It!!!!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Ya, but what would it run stock? 105 maybe?

The REV wasn't designed to be a lake racer sled. It is a trail sled. PERIOD. 115 on a bone stock 800cc twin in a trail sled ain't all that bad is it?

wanna run fast, buy a ne mach z 1000 and see 125 or better stock.
The record speed for a stock V-max was set in 1995 at the Amsnow , now the Snoweek shootout in up state NY was 105.11.
I'm not saying these are not fast sleds, I was just surprised that in the last 10 years their not faster. The new sleds are defiantly well engineered and actually a bargain, I paid 8500. for mine new in 1992, so 10,000 grand for a sled with better tec. is a deal.The Firecat F7 is a great dealat 6,500. thats what my son inlaw paid for his, it will do 115 pretty easy, which is'nt bad for a 700.efi
Attached Images  

Last edited by aero-offshore; 01-08-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Switzer
Go Arctic Cat F7.. You Cant Beat It!!!!
I would say a fast sled for a short race, my son in law has one and it will jump out on mine about 10 sleds lengths out to about 20 yards, then I close for the kill at about 80, nothing like the sound of a turbo charger I do know that the Firecat f7 eats belts if you run um hard alot, may be that deep lug track, I don't know.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
I bought a SnoPro Jokers Wild Edition F7 with EFI. Unreal Sled! I can't get it over 93 on the trail

Couldn't be happier.