Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance Co disagreement about value of stolen trailer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93819-insurance-co-disagreement-about-value-stolen-trailer.html)

t500hps 01-05-2005 10:42 AM

Insurance Co disagreement about value of stolen trailer

Does anyone have info about used boat trailers. I had a 2003 37-39 ft. 3 axle aluminum bunk w/ S.S. hardware and disks that was stolen. Insurance Co has depreciated it significantly. $7,595.00 new quote.....$6,075 their payoff. Should I be happy with that? I was looking for some comparables, but only found one and that is on this site. Any ideas???

Sean H 01-05-2005 10:51 AM

Re: Insurance Co disagreement about value of stolen trailer

i would say they aren't far off, two year old trailer, $1500 hit.....

Edward R. Cozzi 01-05-2005 10:56 AM

According to NADA they are about $600.00 light.
I would get a quote on the identical trailer from the same manufacturer in a new 2005 and then depreciate it two years. Depreciate it 18% for the first year and another 10% for the second year. This should get you in the ballpark.
Good Luck.

ThirdBird 01-05-2005 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i would say they aren't far off, two year old trailer, $1500 hit.....

I agree, take the money and run.

Rocky 01-05-2005 10:59 AM

All insurance companies depreciate trailers and yours seems to be in the ball park for a two year old trailer.

Byrdman 01-05-2005 11:54 AM

Welcome to America,I have fought it...you can use cozzis info.,that will get you a little more , then your done.

customryder 01-05-2005 11:59 AM

Never take the insurance co. first offer.

t500hps 01-05-2005 12:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the first offer. If I'm going to get hit with higher premiums, I might as well get as much as I can towards the new one anyway.

Cozzi, Thanks for the info. The $7,595.00 is a quote from the previous manufacturer. NADA value after adding for Surge, disk x3, and spare with 15% added for aluminum totals $8,955.00 Low retail and $10,430.00 Average retail. I know I won't have to spend that much, but should those numbers be used as secondary comparables? Also consider the fact that this is calculated for a 38 ft trailer and we've had a 42 fountain on this trailer without overhang. (of course it was a Fountain!) [______>---- :D
Nice pic huh?
Russ C.

Rippem 01-05-2005 12:33 PM

you're premiums shouldn't go up. It's comp/theft. Not your doing.

Take it, that's a reasonable offer. Is it worth your time and delay in settlement for another couple hundred bucks?

offthefront 01-05-2005 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
you're premiums shouldn't go up. It's comp/theft. Not your doing.

Take it, that's a reasonable offer. Is it worth your time and delay in settlement for another couple hundred bucks?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ..cough