Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: this sums it up

Pretty F'ed up isn't it?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got no problem with sending money over there it is the "right" thing to do even if I know they will not apreciate it. However for them to have the balls to complain that what we are sending is not enough!!!! Last I heard the Red Cross is getting 100K a hour from donations. I actually heard it was 100K a min but that has to be a misprint? Hell even Sandra Bullock sent over 1 million!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cig Daze
Pretty F'ed up isn't it?
Yes it is.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:43 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this probably won't make me very popular on here since alot of you were effected by the hurricanes, but i see the major difference is that there is 150,000 dead people over there and more dying everyday from disease. I don't agree that we should be the world saver either, but it is the roll we have chosen for longer than i have been alive. in todays world of terrorism and hatred i think we need to rethink our policies sometimes, but lets not lose sight of the human factor in this... the hurricanes were horrible, and people lost their lifes (i don't know exact numbers, but i am sure some did) but we are comparing property damage to human beings...
We are never going to receive help from another country, that is just the way it is. should our gov't have helped florida more, probably..... and there were/are over 2500 americans over there, nearly the same amount lost in 9/11, but i think we forget about them sometimes... it is a no win deal either way...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1310424/posts

Last edited by Sean H; 01-07-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've always generously supported worthy causes, but I wouldn't give a dime to this cause. Todays papers show the local Al Quaida group wearing their muhajadeen T shirts. One guy has a T shirt with Bin Ladens face on the front of it. Doctors Without Borders were urged not to fly American helicopters. I guarantee between the UN and corrupt 'leaders' in the area that a great percentage of the money will be ripped off. Those people hate us. I don't recall any foreigners helping the folks in Florida
Old 01-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This whole tragedy is very sad and I empathize, but dead people don't need money.

Our own people do, though. I'd rather spend our own money on our own homeless and needy instead of those 180-degrees on the other side of the world. Just my $0.02

The whole tsunami charity thing has become a joke anyway, it seems that what its become is a way for one nation to out-do another for bragging rights.

Let's hope Koffi and his son keep their hands out of the money bag.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Registered

i disagree. selfishness is not a quality.

and wes, just because a survivor wore an "osama" tee doesn't mean that he is a terrorist wishing the demise of america. quite simply, people in those areas wear what they find, they don't necessarily seek to make a political or a fashion statement. if you look at footage of people in Iraq, many have LA Lakers tees and Chicago Bulls hats. That doesn't mean they're off to watch a playoff game, does it?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

true corrado. but there isn't only west and its code in this world...
Old 01-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

f'em, i think we ought to vote on where and to whom our tax dollars go. some fat wind bag in washington puts his fat azz had im my pocket without asking all the frigging time. if they came to my house and tried to stick thier hand in my pocket i beat his azz. lets eliminate homelessness he in the good ole us of a. more drug rehab, better schools, health care, etc. there are 350 million things i can think of where that coin could be used here at home. now im pissed, you got me riled. im going on jihaad, so watch out towel heads...
Old 01-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

They wear anti-American propaganda imagery because they believe the anti-American programming of their brainwashing leadership.Their not stupid, just misled. They could turn it insideout.
i nice nuke witha bow should turn it inside out, or perhaps a good fisting abu style.

Quick Reply: this sums it up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.