Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments? >

Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?

Notices

Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?

Old 01-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments! Thanks Mark for the phone call yesterday afternoon! There has to be more Michiganders able to chime in on this thread!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Thats right Woogie, that was my Avtive Thunder. We will have to meet some time, maybe at the itty bitty bar.
Sounds good to me Mitch!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula1
Any of you West-siders heard of Wild Boar Harley Davidson?
Yep - Did the HD thing for 3 yrs. One of the biggest of the new "Boutique" dealers - where you can even buy HD dog leashes and HD wedding ring pillows - puke! Nice big bldg. out on i-96 just west of Hudsonville between Holland and GR. If they have an opening might be worth checking out - the HD market has been real strong - co. stock has done well during these trying times and they spend big dollars on sales/marketing.

Michael1 spanked us up perty good but TBO i think he held back a bit - forgot to mention the millions of seagulls that crap all over everything!

Last edited by woogie; 07-24-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Registered

Where do most of ya'll keep your boats? With the long winter and all, do you store them inside or hope for the best with a cover?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered

I grew up in SE Pennsylvania and came to Fla for school I was always into cars and mechanical things so right outta school got my "dream job" working for mother Ford in Dearborn. No problem about the winter thing I thought, I grew up playing in snow in Pa. ....., Man was I wrong, maybe it was the 5 years in FL making me a wimp but I lasted about 5 months in MI. It actually was the gray as$ , no sun that got to me. One day it was 8 degrees and I ate my lunch outside at a county park by my work becaused it was sunny I was SO glad to see the sun. I hated it everyday. I got a job for slightly less money in the Tampa area and never looked back. I am motivated to call a friend of mine that still lives in Ann Arbor, we boated in the gulf today and it was 80 degrees. I can deal with alot of old people for this. I say don't. do it..unless you gotta
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formula1
I was just reading the posts on the snowmobile thread! Those things really go that fast? What a way to pass the winter...at a buck 30 on the lake! That's faster than my boat! But I thought there was a 55 mph on the lakes? Is that really mean "on the water" not ice!
You know when I first moved back to this state I was told you need a boat and a sled. I have to say the sled is one of my vices. Nothing like a wide open frozen lake and the trails in the UP are usually pretty nice. I think the secret is to head up there on a Wed or Thurs to avoid the crowds. Makes for some nice riding. If you head over here again this winter send me a PM and you can borrow one of the sleds and we'll hit the trails (there is some nice senery around here. The first two pics are from a trip in the UP I took with Mitch last year, the last pic is from Tip up Town on Houghton Lake
Attached Thumbnails Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?-snowmobile-oso-up-014.jpg   Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?-snowmobile-oso-up-011.jpg   Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?-tip-up-2.jpg  

Old 01-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Registered

I'm actually in the process of moving from NYC to Michigan...SE area of the state..

Have been up north a few times and absolutely LOVE it..would love to live in the Les Cheneaux Islands area in a few years..but we go to the Western part of the UP as well and love it there also.

I'm tired of city life..i'm ready for the quiet life..kinda like Green Acres
Old 01-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DB39
I'm actually in the process of moving from NYC to Michigan...SE area of the state..

Have been up north a few times and absolutely LOVE it..would love to live in the Les Cheneaux Islands area in a few years..but we go to the Western part of the UP as well and love it there also.

Welcome to the State. The Irish Hills are is nice too
Old 01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

Thanks

I've been traveling there for a few years now..I love it..nice and quiet..quite a change from the city..I guess i'm becoming less tolerant of city life in my old age

Patti
Old 01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DB39

You said it best! Green Acres! LOL! My wife is addicted to the Cable station TV Land, the one that plays all the OLD citcoms (sp?) (Leave it to Beaver etc..) I bet that has alot to do with her being tired of the city life!

But, a co-worker left work early Saturday nite to go out his wife & friends and after 3 restaurants having 1+ hour wait, he nearly gave up. Then tried the move theater and all the shows were sold out! I think he eventually got to a restaurant, but damn!

I'm sure that don't happen much in Muskegon!

Quick Reply: Headed to MI, any suggestions or comments?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.