Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club >

Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club

Notices

Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club

Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club

Thanks to all for the great info, this really helps in our search for our new home. I look forward to meeting new people from the area with similar interest, and this club will be a great way to do that. It will only make our move that much easier.

Thanks Again!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunday Thunder,
Most of the Old Hickory offshore crowd can be found in "skinny dip cove" on any spring and summer weekend. Picture was too many pixels to post.
The current hot spot on Priest is "dog leg cove".
No exhaust noise issues with TWRA here in Nashville. Doesn't seem to be an issue for them. Ed Carter (head of TWRA-enforcement) told me they only investigate and/or ticket
when they get a "complaint".
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-11-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:29 AM

Sounds cool to me, my wife has been reading this thread and she is telling me we need a bigger/faster boat after hearing about the other boats on the Lake....That is fine by me!!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

I've run open exhaust on HP500's for three years and never been stopped once. However, I am paranoid about drinking when I'm in going to be driving my boat.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:53 AM

jbrauer,

Thats good to here about the exhaust.

I know TN law states:
"Engines of all motorized vessels must have an effective muffling system.....The noise level of any motorized vessel may not exceed 86 db at 50 feet or more" TN Boating Handbook.

All most every state has a similar policy, it just depends weather they enforce it or not.

I totally agree on your drinking policy, for me I cant afford to take that risk while driving my boat.

I just talked to EWB on the phone he was very nice and very helpful. It looks and sounds like you guys are going to have a very good turnout tonight.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Sunday Thunder,
Most of the Old Hickory offshore crowd can be found in "skinny dip cove" on any spring and summer weekend. Picture was too many pixels to post.
The current hot spot on Priest is "dog leg cove".
No exhaust noise issues with TWRA here in Nashville. Doesn't seem to be an issue for them. Ed Carter (head of TWRA-enforcement) told me they only investigate and/or ticket
when they get a "complaint".
Steve
Here are a couple from last summer. We are burning a little gas in the last one.
Attached Thumbnails Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club-bow-shot-2-old-hickory-small.jpg   Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club-hot-boat-row-small.jpg   Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club-standing-carrying-nose-small.jpg  

Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Ive never seen nor heard of anyone getting cited for a noise violation on any lake around the Nashville area.

I did want to add some info to what mcollinstn and others have written. They are all correct about Old Hickory, but if you want to run on Percy Priest, I would be very careful on the weekends. Over the last 5 or 6 years, the amount of people on that lake have probably doubled, and the intelligence level of some of the people out there seems to have decreased dramatically.
There are casually a handful of performance boaters out from Friday afternoon until Sunday night, you probably will have to look for them though. The problems I have come across are the 1st time boat owners in the run abouts and the "kids" on PWC's. I have to bring the PWC's up because I have had really really close calls with the little bastards running right under my bow at 60+ mph, I mean they have disappeared under the front of my boat. Man, it is scary! Hopefully some of this will be alleviated this year

Tennessee passed a law, correct me if Im wrong guys, but I think starting this year, anyone under the age of 16 operating a water vessel has to take a 4 or 8 hour instructional course on water safety. We shall see how that goes.
Last but not least comes the weekend boaters that are out with not a care in the world, and dont know anything about courtesy or even what channel markers are for, so be careful on the crowded days.

Moral of the story: If your gonna run hard give yourself plenty of room

Last edited by Game On; 01-11-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Game on......you seem to know alot about running hard........I never see you with two hands up in the air at the same time. Nice 2nd post thesis though.
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Game on, why is Game Over reporting in as Ford485? Is he trying to remain anonoymous.....Hey Ford485, this is not the uncensored section......

I use your login in when I go to the uncensored section Thunder.....
Old 01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club

I see there is no Bafia in any of the pictures....dont make me call Uncle Vito to straighten this out

Quick Reply: Nashville, Tennesse - New Boat Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.