Selling parts Internationally >

Selling parts Internationally

Notices

Selling parts Internationally

Old 01-10-2005, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling parts Internationally

A guy is interested in buying a set of props of mine offered in the Swap Section. He lives in Sweden. Now that we have the price and shipping worked out, we're trying to figure out how to make the monitary transaction. He's asked for my bank account number... Sorry, wrong answer.

Does anyone have experience with PayPal? Are there charges involved with each transaction? What other methods are you folks using to transfer funds. I've asked for a good ole cashier's check, but he's resisting. I'm pretty sure the guy's legit, I just want to do this right.

Anything else I need to know about shipping parts overseas? Duties? Export paperwork?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 01-10-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Selling parts Internationally

I use Paypal all the time. They will charge you a few percent of the total price. Then a few dollars to send you a check. I have never had a problem using them.

Good Luck
Old 01-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Registered

When I buy parts overseas, all I do is ask for wire transfer information. I have never had any problems doing it this way, and neither has the seller. It is a bank to bank transaction and is very common in buying parts this way.

You can also use a credit card, I believe that this has some sort of fraud insurance though the credit card company.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Registered

Go to your bank and open a seperate un-linked account to receive wire transfers.

-Greg
Old 01-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered

I buy a lot spares and electronics from the US all the time for our boats and engines. We either use PayPal or VISA. Mostly is VISA.
I think Sweden is advanced enough to use VISA too.
May be if the mount is over his CC limit then he has to transfer the money by wire transfer in which case his request is valid.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GregP
Go to your bank and open a seperate un-linked account to receive wire transfers.

-Greg
I agree, and you'll probably get a free toaster out of the deal...
Old 01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian, If it's Jonas (38KV) that you're selling to just give him your account #. I've dealt with him before and he's a stand up guy. In fact, I will personally stand behind him. If it's someone you don't know then have him have his bank issue an "Irrevocable Letter of Credit". These are very standard and will protect you BOTH from fraud.

Let me know if you need any help with any of this. I do international transactions on a daily basis and can walk you through the whole thing.

Fionn

BTW. Thanks for all the good advise on Konrad. I went ahead and pulled the trigger!
Old 01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by p4-33
A guy is interested in buying a set of props of mine offered in the Swap Section. He lives in Sweden. Now that we have the price and shipping worked out, we're trying to figure out how to make the monitary transaction. He's asked for my bank account number... Sorry, wrong answer.

Does anyone have experience with PayPal? Are there charges involved with each transaction? What other methods are you folks using to transfer funds. I've asked for a good ole cashier's check, but he's resisting. I'm pretty sure the guy's legit, I just want to do this right.

Anything else I need to know about shipping parts overseas? Duties? Export paperwork?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Hi Brian

I am in Denmark right next door to Sweden, let me know who the guy is and I might know him. If I know him I will let you know, if it some one I will give you thumbs up or down. I am sure that GLH and 10x here on the board will tell you that I am okay.

Just ship the stuff when you get the money, the shipping company will handle all the paperwork.

Cigaretteman
Old 01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll vouch for any thing or any dealings you want to do where Jesper/Cigaretteman givesh is blessing.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone. Like I said, I'm pretty sure the buyer is legitimate, so I won't drag his name into this. The thread was more about making safe international transactions.

I think PayPal is the ticket, he's fine with it and I am too, now.

Thanks again,
Brian

Quick Reply: Selling parts Internationally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.