Notices

Basic paint job cost

Old 01-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts
Default Basic paint job cost

Any suggestions regarding what the costs would be to paint a Top Gun all white and add Cigarette logos and boot strip ?
This would be on a hull that now has some rather wild graphics but is considered to be in excellent shape. I'm guessing it would require the obvious paint prep included for any paint job, a primer coat possibly to cover the graphics and white top coat.

How many thousands ?

ed
Old 01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Basic paint job cost

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Any suggestions regarding what the costs would be to paint a Top Gun all white and add Cigarette logos and boot strip ?
This would be on a hull that now has some rather wild graphics but is considered to be in excellent shape. I'm guessing it would require the obvious paint prep included for any paint job, a primer coat possibly to cover the graphics and white top coat.

How many thousands ?

ed

how many thousands do you got?

Really boils down to who you have paint it more than anything... i am sure there is somebody that will do it for a couple of grand, but i wouldn't use them.... you are probably going to be in the 5-10k range pretty easy depending on prep and the painter... you get a guy known for boats you probably are going to pay a little more...
Old 01-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painting the hull (only) of the Formula, sand off old graphics, prime, smooth, and paint in white Imron, not including the transom so they didn't have to remove the engines and drives, was $4k. I'd guess at least double that to also do the deck due to having to remove all the hardware and stuff, I think it was about $2k more if they did the transom.

-Greg
Old 01-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered

Depending on graphics minimum of 10,000 to 30,000.

The quality desired and # of clear coats also add $$$.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Give Rod a call 636-583-3368 at Ratical Graphics, he is very reasonable, and am very pleased with his work. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Basic paint job cost-web-bay-bridge-11-.png   Basic paint job cost-web-dcp_2125-456-.jpg   Basic paint job cost-web-dcp_2124.jpg  

Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

glassdave is in your neighborhood, he may be able to hook ya up too...
Old 01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor

How many thousands ?

ed
12k give or take
Old 01-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, supposedly Vicious Marine is the place over by us. I was going the other way, looking into get the hull of a large boat painted a solid color over the white. I imagine that covering the graphics would require more paint than going from white to a darker color.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts

A boat I keep on my list is the Top Gun with the flying saucer graphics. Everyone speaks well of the boat but the graphics are just a little to over the edge for me as is.
The cost of repainting elevates the decision towards choosing another boat.
http://yachtworld.com/core/listing/p...78&slim=quick&

Of course why am I discussing this since I haven't sold my boat !

ed
Old 01-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

Why paint when you can color sand/buff to white the colors off and go with vinyl graphics (cig logos/basic graphics) for waaaaaay less than painting the whole thing.....

Quick Reply: Basic paint job cost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.