Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   DOT reflective tape for trailer? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94288-dot-reflective-tape-trailer.html)

NJgr8ful 01-11-2005 12:57 PM

DOT reflective tape for trailer?

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone know a good source (or works for DOT lol) for the red/white striped reflector tape to run down the sides of my trailer? I prolly need like 50', I'd guess.

Like this stuff ....... Ooohhhh Fred!!?????!! You already have my church card #! :D

OldSchool 01-11-2005 01:15 PM

Re: DOT reflective tape for trailer?

Are we supposed to have that on our trailers?????

mika 01-11-2005 01:15 PM

It's called "Conspicuity Tape". Do a search on the web, there are a ton of companies that sell it. I buy it through a company called Midwest Wheel

NJgr8ful 01-11-2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by craig223

Don't really know, but I want it on mine :)

Thx Mika ... I'll start google'ing' :D

DoTheMath 01-11-2005 01:26 PM

If you know anyone at Grainger, or that has a Grainger account you can get it there.

www.grainger.com

sundaythunder 01-11-2005 01:36 PM

I have got it form a vinyl supplier, called Ameriban. They do not have a web site but they sell Stimsonite Conspicuity Tape made by Avery. 6"Red/6"White 2" with, 50 yds 125.00, 10 yds 31.50 Part Number ATAPE6. Ameriban > 1800-654-8405 they take credit cards.

NJgr8ful 01-11-2005 01:55 PM

thx sundaythunder ... Stimsonite by Avery is one brand, then there's 3M. Now that I am completely educated is just <30mins ... I'm wondering, as always :rolleyes: :rolleyes: which brand is the best?! :D Any opinions?

See explanation found by Googleing below:
Tape: There are 3 main manufacturer's of conspicuity tape; 3M, Stimsonite and Reflexite. These are marketed by various suppliers (Grote, Signal-Stat, Truck-Lite, etc.). Be careful when you purchase this tape because it is not all the same. We have discovered that there is a significant difference in the quality and composition of the materials. Make sure that you determine whether the product will stand up to pressure-washings and impact (some manufacturers will not warranty this damage). You can figure on spending between $95.00 and $120.00 for a 150ft roll of this stuff.

Sean H 01-11-2005 02:01 PM

just hit your local truck (semi kind) store, they have it in 50' rolls, it ain't cheap... and yes, you are suppose to have it or reflectors at certain intervals depending on what state you are in...

t500hps 01-11-2005 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by craig223

I'm in Va also, and it's not required. I called DMV to ask. I did install a light every 6 feet down the length of my trailer instead though. I like the tape too and may have to get some now. Thanks A-hole... :drool: :rolleyes: :D

NJgr8ful 01-11-2005 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
I'm in Va also, and it's not required. I called DMV to ask. I did install a light every 6 feet down the length of my trailer instead though.

Called DMV??? Now that is a brave move ... something I'd dare not do! :D :D Not in NJ anyway :eek:

Originally Posted by t500hps
I like the tape too and may have to get some now. Thanks A-hole... :drool: :rolleyes: :D

:eek: :D :drink: for your stolen trailer?? :mad: Did you get a new one?