Notices

Passports

Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passports

My wife has earned an all expenses paid trip for the family to Atlantis Hotel on Paradice Island in the Bahamas for March 9th-13th

Do you need a passports to go there ??

If so , how do we go about getting them in a hurry

And has anyone been to this place ?? I dont know much about it at all

Bob
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Passports

None needed.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think you need them.

But there was a process to expedite issuance of passport if you show tickets for your trips. That use to work before 9/11 I don't know about now.. a lot has changed since then.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

Sweet, Christine just won a trip to Cancun.
I love when the girls work hard.
Congrats to Yvette.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

You have plenty of time if you need them. Passports don't take that long unless there is something funky with a background.....
Old 01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You have plenty of time if you need them. Passports don't take that long unless there is something funky with a background.....
Sorry to hear that Bob
Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/
Old 01-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Customs
U.S. visitors staying for eight months or less need to show:

Return or continuing flight airline tickets
Sufficient funds to support your stay
A passport (current or expired within five years), or two forms of identification such as a birth certificate with a driver’s license. (One form of identification must have a photo.) Please note that a voter registration card is no longer accepted as proof of citizenship.
Naturalized citizens require naturalization papers and photo identification.
Permanent residents require their green card and a valid passport from their place of birth or an official photo identification.
Canadians staying three weeks or less need to show proof of citizenship (valid Canadian passport, birth certificate or Canadian citizenship card) along with a government-issued photo identification. (Canadian passports that have expired for no more than one year may be used as proof of citizenship.)

Landed immigrants require landed immigrant papers plus valid passports from their home country.

For stays that exceed eight months, visitors should apply for a visa from The Bahamas Immigration Department. All others need a valid passport. Other visitors may also require a visa. For specific details, please consult your closest Bahamas Consular office.

British nationals visiting the Bahamas do not require visas for visits of up to 3 months. Visitors wishing to extend their stay must apply to the Department of Immigration in Nassau. If employment is intended or the visit is for any reason other than tourism, travellers should seek advice from the Bahamas High Commission in London; (tel: 020 7408 4488).

British nationals travelling to the Bahamas via the USA (under US visa waiver arrangements) who then wish to return to the USA should seek advice from the US Immigration and Naturalisation Service or any US diplomatic mission if they have any doubt about their US visa status. NB: The Bahamas counts as part of the "contiguous territory and islands" for US visa waiver purposes and time spent in The Bahamas counts towards the 90 day maximum permitted stay in the US under this Waiver.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Can I go with ya ????
Old 01-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Passports are not needed for the Bahamas. I would recomend that anyone going outside of the US get a passport for future use though. I travel internationally several times a year and a passport is the best investment you will ever make. Believe it or not it's not getting into other countries that is made easier but getting BACK into the US. Since 9/11 US customs is a lot stricter. A Passport is the end all be all and absolute proof that you are a US citizen. If traveling without a passport I would carry birth certificate, voter's registration card, and at least 1 form of official picture ID (Drivers license).

Either way...have fun

Quick Reply: Passports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.