Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat >

Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Notices

Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Old 01-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Originally Posted by CObarry
I'm SURE that one will work....
It always has. I'll be damned if someone can tell me how to spend it, unless she told me how to make it.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

When I got the Donzi I just came home and said Look what I bought you honey. This is your boat. Knowing full well that she would never want to drive it and that she would probably take it anyhow if we ever get a divorce. Actually she knows full well that if we get a divorce that there are three things that are totally off limits. The house in Maine, the boats and I get visitation with the cat
Old 01-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if anyone posted this already but.....

It is always easier to ask for forgiveness then get permision
Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lofty
This thing is SWEET! You can order it with Twin 575 SCI B1 XR ITS.

http://www.cobaltboats.com/model_line/343/intro343.php
That does look nice, but $333,995 for a Cobalt !

Plus the beam is closer to 10'.

How wide is your slip?
Old 01-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Told my EX in the day it was either a boat or a sprint car.......with the sprinter we could drive 4 or 500mi every weekend so she could sit around a dusty old racetrack making sandwhichs, keeping lap times and watching how awesome of a driver I am .....she agreed on the boat.........but shes my EX anyway because she wanted a cruiser and doesnt like meeting new people ....My new woman is the best.....loves meeting new people, loves it when I go flat out and make a hard turn, helps me clean itand "loves the sound" of the boat to the wood with the pipes open.....I love you Susi!!.......shoulda' had you all along............doug
Old 01-14-2005, 07:39 AM
DJD
Registered

BRO'!!! WTF?!?!?! Who wears the pants in your house?
Exactly!! Don't forget the super secret boat accounting process...
Him: Look what i got for the boat today
Her: How much did THAT cost?
Him: $250 (when it actually cost $2500) Always drop the last zero!!!! A $250 part cost a mere $25 and a $25 item was a steal at a low, low price of $2.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

BRO'!!! WTF?!?!?! Who wears the pants in your house?

Just go buy one! What's she gonna' do? Make you take it back!

I just go buy my toys and bring 'em home. My wife just gives me the look.

She wanted a cruiser too. I told her no way unless we live on the water. I picked up a decent boat, she hated it at first but now she loves it. They have no idea of how much fun they are untill they spend some time with one.
This has always been my approach. (Which might be why I'm on wife #5.) Well, maybe only PART of the reason.

I just keep buying Corvettes and collector cars and just bring them home. I'm certainly not spending HER money or making her do without anything. Eventually she comes around.
Good Luck.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Originally Posted by Tempest38
Fuel is cheaper on a trailer, or atleast the first tank of the day as well as repairs and maintenence.
Pirates hijack the cruisers more thinking those folks are richer than the go fast kids so if you want to worry about that anchored and napping in one of those secluded coves Honey... OK....
PIRATES!! Where are there pirates in Kansas?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
PIRATES!! Where are there pirates in Kansas?
WHAT? Obviously , you've never met Gordo or FunHome....

The line that worked for me was: "Well honey, you said that you wanted a bigger boat if we were going to do any more Poker Runs."
Old 01-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shut up and get in the car ! Where going to look at a boat !

Quick Reply: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.