Like Tree0Likes

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Old 01-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
Default Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

I just voted on their poll. Right now it is 2 to 1 against any speed limits.

I also responded to three idiots on that Forum. I registered as FormulaOutlaw. Think they'll figure out I don't own a blowbote?

Talk about the old "I don't like it so you can't do it" attitudes. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that mess. It would be good for more OSO members to register and vote on that poll I think. It might just help "our brothers" in their fight.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofn
I am still dumbfounded that they can have a meeting like this in the middle of the day. Seems unfair. If they post another please let us know and perhaps DoTheMath and I will head up from Bahston. HOME OF THE WORD CHAMPION RED SOX AN D PATRIOTS

Jon
We went thru the same BS last year in Jersey. Oh yeah , did I mention...the meatings were in the middle of the day also. Keeps the working people away

Got my vote in against the speed limit too
Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

Christ... that lake is without ice only 2 months a year... no wonder why it is so crowded!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech

No the lake has ice for two months a year ..Usually the first week of Jan to the first week of april.. Lately its been Febuary to april .. Still not 100 covered now ..
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Registered

We lost a whole lot of posts and pictures off this thread today.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

Ya that stinks ..Ill repost those lovely shots of Fays Boat yard .. So everyone can see what mentality we are dealing with here ..
Old 01-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered

It just cracks me up how they sneak in here, steal posts from OUR site, then post them back in their Forum, to try to discredit us or make us look like "evil" people. We are definitely from "the Dark Side" in their eyes. Of course they are way too "chicken" to register here and post their ideology here. But then again if one of them did register on our site, they'd probably be "blackballed" by the others.

I got blasted over there for listing myself here from Sarasota when I actually reside in Nokomis, ten miles south. Well, everyone knows Sarasota, who's heard of Nokomis unless you live around here?

Then there's the guy who thinks that we're going to "freak" and start deleting posts because "they are on to us". What a clown. Can this guy possibly be so full of himself that he seriously thinks we CARE what they think?

In THEIR forum, I was extremely polite and courteous. Over here I can tell it like it is. Far as I'm concerned, anyone who still lives, yet thinks getting a thrill outta life is a bad thing, is walking dead.

I mean the pathetic best they can do, since they can't reasonably fault our perspectives, is try to make us look evil by stealing our posts here.

"cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, clucck....."

What do you think their secret handshake is?????

I hope this post gets hijacked and posted over there.

I made a joke about Bear Lovers offspring, and boy did she get her panties in a wad.

I almost feel sorry for them, almost. Oh, their rightous indignation.....
Old 01-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera1
Ya that stinks ..Ill repost those lovely shots of Fays Boat yard .. So everyone can see what mentality we are dealing with here ..
You should try to post them on THEIR forum. If you did I wouldn't be surprised if they got poofed. They certainly wouldn't want their own members to see what we're talking about, might hurt their credibility....
Old 01-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1988 banana - Sold, 1993 banana - Sold, 1979 banana - Building, 1978 banana - Building, 1972 Cigarette 20 - Sold, 1997 Scarab Sprint - Sold, 1985 Jaguar Stepped Cat, Gaff-Rigged Schooner
Exclamation

Hello Fellow New England Boaters,

I live in a Country known globally as the "Land of the Free".

I live in a state that lies at the center of New England, yet seems to have historically done it's own thing.

John Stark was one of our many famous fore-fathers. He once said, "Live Free or Die, there are worse things than Death!".

Just hearing that sends chills down my spine. That sentence alone describes the core of what we as Americans believe to be true.

New Hampshire believes in this so much that they put it on every license plate to remind eachother everyday what we stand for.

Is Lake Winnipesauke to go by the way of the ICW in South Florida with boats putt putting along simply to appease the weekend blow boater with a law degree and tunnel vision?

The excessive speed restriction that is being proposed is a travesty to our way of life.

I am against it!

If the old man of the mountain were still with us, I bet a tear would be running down his gray granite face right now.
How about the famous New Hampshire Indian Kangamongas, (pronounce Kang - a - mongas, not Kang - a - maaaaaaaangas). Would he not fight? Would he let his tribe fight amongst themselves? No!

The only way to stop this bad idea is to group together on a common ground. Without unity there is no power. I am against the speed limit and I will grab my club and come out swinging with my fellow boaters who remember why we love boating.....FREEDOM.

It doesn't matter where you live. If you boat on Lake Winnipesaukee, then you are a "Lake Winnipesaukee boater". It doesn't matter if you have a sailbote, muscle boat or bow riding plastic play boat, we all must fight it as one.

As a USCG licensed Master and a Commercial Airline Pilot I have seen more than once what incompetence and a lack of safety can lead to.

A friend of mine lost his life on Lake Winnipesauke a few years ago.

A speed limit is not the solution.

I dragged my performacne boat to the lake this summer and was horrified by what I saw. It wasn't the boats going fast that scared me, it was the fair weather Captains with a total lack of basic seamanship and no understanding for the rules of the road.

For the last 10 years I have raced weekly in Boston Harbor on a 40 foot sail bote in the summer.

Very busy harbor. Lots of traffic, Lots of ships, high performance boats running full speed next to high speed ferries and sailboats zig zagging in between all of it.

NO SPEED LIMIT! Why? Because for the most part, people know what they are doing.

I think they should come out with a Lake Winnipesaukee Captain License.

As far as the speed limit idea, I just don't think it will pass, but a milder version of it might if nobody does anything.

"If you feel the speed restriction is wrong, then do something about it!" "Do nothing and the worst could come true."

"Ask not, what can I complain aobut, ASK, what can I do to fight for my freedom!"

"Live Free or Die"

Chris
Old 01-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
You should try to post them on THEIR forum. If you did I wouldn't be surprised if they got poofed. They certainly wouldn't want their own members to see what we're talking about, might hurt their credibility....
Are you kidding ..yu cant post anything that controversial (even if its the truth)..
Where did it say that you have to be a user of the lake to post on the poll.. I live on the lake but welcome outside veiwpoints .. What you have up here are stingy old yankees