Notices

Tiger in MD now

Old 03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Tiger in MD now

Well the trip went off without a hitch other than me feeling like ass from this crappy weather. Left on Wed the 23rd at 430 AM and hit FLA in 10 hours, Stayed outside Orlando, before heading to Bradenton. Got into Bradenton, visited with my grandmother then went to Myco to see the setup and to discuss, putting film on the trailers to protect the paint. Met Bill and Don and Amanda, who handled the sale so cool, and got to see my trailer. Needless to say anyone that is thinking going with anything other than a myco should rethink it. Its Worth EVERY penny of the price to have that secure feeling. When we went to load the boat, it sat right in the trailer as it should, everything was distributed perfectly.
then I left Myco on Fri morning to FT myers to meet with Terry at Nor-tech..WOW, what an amazing place they have. The attention to detail that they give and the concern that Nils and Terry give their boats is impressive. I'll be heading back down in a few weeks with my designer, I think we have the right film and patterns to protect the sides of the new boats and will design them for the current models out. Once the patterns are done, if all goes well, protection kits can be purchased directly from Nor-tech. More details on that as they develop.
From there I got to drive across alligator alley to Ft Lauderdale to hook up with Victor, while driving across I saw "Rocketman" outerlimits heading west on 75.
Got into Boca, called Victor and met him and finally got to see the boat, they had it waiting out on a rack and it was even better in person, the size alone on rack out of the water is breathtaking. victor and I got to hang out for a couple hours and he showed me around the boat pointing little things out, and just letting me in on the details. The guys at the marina were awesome and mentioned how much they liked taking care of it, so that was a good feeling as well.
Hooked up with a buddy later on on Fri and just hung out for the weekend, heading out to eat and relaxing as I was still getting over being sick. Scored a room on the beach for just over 100 bucks a night and just relaxed.
Left early on Mon for the trip back, was a little worried about getting out of the marina with my hoopty being lowered and all, but it was great and rode like a dream, found myself doing 75-80 whole way back got decent mileage for a gas 496. It was nice to have people come up and ask about it and talk at all my stops on the way back, just over 2800 miles in 6 days and it was like I wasn't hauling anything. The only problem I had was in my own neighborhood, the streets are too narrow to make the cut, so I'm off to either find storage, or a good marina, talked with Ted and Hugh and have some good leads, don't really feel like plunking down another 4 grand, but toys are fun.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet Ed and Melanie from Beacon, but I will in a few weeks when I get back down, I promise, being sick kicked me in the butt, so it was probably better. It was a pleasure to meet Victor, it's good to know that we will be friends , a real class act (no GL, he wouldn't throw Courtney in the deal I tried) here is a few pics... Thanks again to everyone that helped me, I have a grin a mile wide now...Rob
Attached Thumbnails Tiger in MD now-trip.jpg   Tiger in MD now-trip1.jpg   Tiger in MD now-trip2.jpg  

Old 03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Re: Tiger in MD now

couple more pics
Attached Thumbnails Tiger in MD now-trip3.jpg   Tiger in MD now-trip4.jpg  
Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great rob, congratulations on the rig.. the only thing i would change is that punk ass rig your puling it with.. what a shame that gorgeous rig getting pulled down the highway by a chevy.. boat looks great.. now you just have to move your driveway...lol.. stecz
Old 03-31-2005, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

lol oh stezcy, I'll race my punk rig with yours any day, your pal Rob
Old 03-31-2005, 12:40 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

SWEET!!!!!! I wish I knew you were passing through town, I would have stood on the side of 95 can watched it go by.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

ill race ya, only to 85.... lol you big hick...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Congrats Rob!!! Boat (and Truck ) look great. You need to get a receiver that will raise the front of the trailer up a little bit!!

I take that the boat wouldn't fit in your driveway
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nope, I can get it halfway backed in, but the streets are too narrow. been makin calls, i have a few diff options, I'm checking on storage and ramps at local marinas, also some lift slips that are ranging from 4-5k, and storage at a locked facility and trailering, hell I have a great trailer for it, I'm not ashamed to use it. Thats a reversed 8 inch receiver on there, i may air bag the rear or put one of the leaves back in to raise it up some more. It trailered great and never scraped once. only problem was the narrow streets
Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sweet boat , congratulations!
We will be out of Tome's this season with our Gun and I still have my lift slip at Lee,s Marina by the Naughty Goose on the North East River with trailer storage avalible I think I paid $3000 to $ 3500 a season.
Let me know or call Lee's if interested, I'm sure we will see you some where on the bay this spring, enjoy that bad boy!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rob, Congrats on getting it home.... Looks great on the new Myco....

Hope to see it in person at Gl's Milk Run on Lake Champlain, June 11......

Quick Reply: Tiger in MD now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.