Notices

Tire Kickers

Old 01-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Re: Tire Kickers

Sucks to deal with buyers.

That's why salesmen get paid a commission. Sometimes it is actually worth it.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Capo, what size are those K planes?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I can add these on http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-638.html
Old 01-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just have to figure out what size HP motor that puppy will handle
Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an old weed whacker motor that I was going to make a Daquiri Whacker out of......Want it? It needs a gasket kit
Old 01-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Capo:
You would have loved selling new Apaches, Cigarettes and Fountains at Everglades!
Some guys were so full of crap just to waste my time!
If a guy was honest enough to just tell me: "Look, I can't afford one of these boats and I probably never will, but if I could just have the thrill of a short ride it would make my vacation.". If there was a boat ready to go in the water, 99% of the time I took them unless I was busy with a real customer.

Once a "buyer" showed-up for a demo ride with his whole family, a loaded cooler and water skis!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Capo:
You would have loved selling new Apaches, Cigarettes and Fountains at Everglades!
If a guy was honest enough to just tell me: "Look, I can't afford one of these boats and I probably never will, but if I could just have the thrill of a short ride it would make my vacation.". If there was a boat ready to go in the water, 99% of the time I took them unless I was busy with a real customer.

Once a "buyer" showed-up for a demo ride with his whole family, a loaded cooler and water skis!
WTF !!! Water Skis for a test ride on a Cig?????? You could have had fun with them!!!!!!!

And a loaded cooler too!!!! Why the hell are you *****in??? Sounds like a dream day on the lake... Beer and some idiot that wants to ski from the back of a Cig !!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Re: Tire Kickers

Originally Posted by masher44
WTF !!! Water Skis for a test ride on a Cig?????? You could have had fun with them!!!!!!!

And a loaded cooler too!!!! Why the hell are you *****in??? Sounds like a dream day on the lake... Beer and some idiot that wants to ski from the back of a Cig !!!!!!!!
Yes, but you must remember I was WORKING! Trying to sell a boat, make a commission and keep the bill collectors away.

We have no pleasant lake here, just 15 minutes of no-wake zone and the Atlantic Ocean.

I can keep you entertained for days with true stories like that. People are really funny sometimes.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Capo:

Did he buy the boat?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

When ever I'm buying something, I never throw out a price. I always ask the seller what is their bottom line. If that isnt what I have alloted to pay, I'll ask if that is the best they can do, it either is or isnt. Only then will I talk about my numbers, but I will first preface it with, I dont want to insult you, however this is what it is worth to me. Every one loves to save money and make money. If you have done your homework then you should know what you are willing to pay, and what the car/boat is worth.
What frosts me is when people call me and ask for my product and then proceed to tell me they can buy it online for a third of what I charge installed. I tell them of course you can, they are paying for my expertise and warranty. I had one guy tell me that and then I saw him at a Porsche meeting, he had gone to a competitor and he had the huevos to ask me what I thought of the job the competitor had done on his car,he was very smug about it too... I grinned patted him on the shoulder and said you got what ya paid for and walked away. He later asked me what was wrong with it, but I just said doesnt matter its done, have a nice day.
doesnt have to be an advisarial thing, just agree on a price. I have found the cheapest ones normally wind up being the worst customers, never satisfied.

Quick Reply: Tire Kickers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.