Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My winter project: CIGARETTE (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94546-my-winter-project-cigarette.html)

kevinr 06-12-2005 03:58 PM

Re: My winter project: CIGARETTE

Originally Posted by birdog
Sweet boat !!...I have Vs & boxes on a T/G also...Works real well

Is that the TG out of St. Lu , If it is I tried to buy it before I changed mine...

kevinr 06-12-2005 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
Great Job, what are the performance increases? Did the blowers fit under the hatch?

Have not had achance to really air it out , but I can tell you before 3,500 at 42mph, now 3,500 at close to 60mph.
As far as hatch (knew about the problem) ended up cutting hatch breathers stick out 3" at the back spaced the pad 3/4"let the cushon hide the rest didnt look bad at all. Will be working on cleaner look hatch this summer.......anybody got any Ideas

johnnyboatman 06-12-2005 04:39 PM

man that looks real good , what year is it.

birdog 06-13-2005 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by kevinr
Is that the TG out of St. Lu , If it is I tried to buy it before I changed mine...

Yup...Thats the one..I watched it in Powerboat mag for a long time.....

kevinr 06-13-2005 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
man that looks real good , what year is it.

Titled as 89' , Hull Id is 88'

kevinr 06-13-2005 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
Yup...Thats the one..I watched it in Powerboat mag for a long time.....

Nice boat, Tried to buy it without power , Guy would not budge. you got nice ride!!! How is the handling with drives turning in, and plane time

birdog 06-14-2005 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by kevinr
Nice boat, Tried to buy it without power , Guy would not budge. you got nice ride!!! How is the handling with drives turning in, and plane time

It is a very nice boat....Just took awhile to become affordable ! :D

You might want to PM "Tricky" from here...He has an 87..Big power & Vs on boxes...He has tried countless combos And has learned alot along the way..his is a rocket..running & out of the hole.Good guy..Always willing to help...

CignificantOther 06-14-2005 03:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Kevinr:
You will probably need to build a raised hatch. My factory hatch also has pans underneath for additional clearance, with no scoops to clutter the sun pad. I can send you detailed pics if you need them or I'll be in Destin for 4th July weekend. Come on by at Crab Island and check it out.

I'm surprised at your low RPM performance with 3-blades turning inward. Sounds like its got plenty of potential. The paint looks great.:drink:

kevinr 06-14-2005 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sign4boat
What a difference :drink: I will be down end of August and expecting a ride :D You going to emerald coast poker run?

Been waiting on ya, ................................Yeah were going , my budy that owns Suncoast converters has already entered by boat, His next door neghbor is the coordinator of the poker run. aint it great to know people.......

kevinr 06-14-2005 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
Kevinr:
You will probably need to build a raised hatch. My factory hatch also has pans underneath for additional clearance, with no scoops to clutter the sun pad. I can send you detailed pics if you need them or I'll be in Destin for 4th July weekend. Come on by at Crab Island and check it out.

I'm surprised at your low RPM performance with 3-blades turning inward. Sounds like its got plenty of potential. The paint looks great.:drink:

Well I used non competition intakes so I gained about 1.5" over most other blower applications.Not sticking out the hatch bad maybe 2"...... Not 100% on that speed & RPM probably less than more. I didnt think we were going that fast ,everyone in the boat said we were,but 30mph on water is fast to people that dont drive that all the time.............................Wanting to go the 4th will definately look for ya......cant miss me My BOAT IS LOOUUDD!!!! NICE RIDE you got there