Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 01-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Hello Fellow New England Boaters,

I was going to post on the Lake Winnipesaukee speed limit thread, but it was jumping around, so I decided to start a new one.

Feel free to add on, but if you post, I ask that you please offer solutions, advice or past litigation that is applicable.

Fighting amongst ourselves or talking smack does nothing but weaken the movement.

Here are my thoughts. I welcome any disagreements.

I live in a Country known globally as the "Land of the Free".

I live in a state that lies at the center of New England, yet seems to have historically done it's own thing.

John Stark was one of our many famous fore-fathers. He once said, "Live Free or Die, there are worse things than Death!".

Just hearing that sends chills down my spine. That sentence alone describes the core of what we as Americans believe to be true.

New Hampshire believes in this so much that they put it on every license plate to remind eachother everyday what we stand for.

Is Lake Winnipesauke to go by the way of the ICW in South Florida with boats putt putting along simply to appease the weekend blow boater with a law degree and tunnel vision?

The excessive speed restriction that is being proposed is a travesty to our way of life.

I am against it!

If the old man of the mountain were still with us, I bet a tear would be running down his gray granite face right now.
How about the famous New Hampshire Indian Kangamongas, (pronounce Kang - a - mongas, not Kang - a - maaaaaaaangas). Would he not fight? Would he let his tribe fight amongst themselves? No!

The only way to stop this bad idea is to group together on a common ground. Without unity there is no power. I am against the speed limit and I will grab my club and come out swinging with my fellow boaters who remember why we love boating.....FREEDOM.

It doesn't matter where you live. If you boat on Lake Winnipesaukee, then you are a "Lake Winnipesaukee boater". It doesn't matter if you have a sailbote, muscle boat or bow riding plastic play boat, we all must fight it as one.

As a USCG licensed Master and a Commercial Airline Pilot I have seen more than once what incompetence and a lack of safety can lead to.

A friend of mine lost his life on Lake Winnipesauke a few years ago.

A speed limit is not the solution.

I dragged my performacne boat to the lake this summer and was horrified by what I saw. It wasn't the boats going fast that scared me, it was the fair weather Captains with a total lack of basic seamanship and no understanding for the rules of the road.

For the last 10 years I have raced weekly in Boston Harbor on a 40 foot sail bote in the summer.

Very busy harbor. Lots of traffic, Lots of ships, high performance boats running full speed next to high speed ferries and sailboats zig zagging in between all of it.

NO SPEED LIMIT! Why? Because for the most part, people know what they are doing.

I think they should come out with a Lake Winnipesaukee Captain License.

As far as the speed limit idea, I just don't think it will pass, but a milder version of it might if nobody does anything.

"If you feel the speed restriction is wrong, then do something about it!" "Do nothing and the worst could come true."

"Ask not, what can I complain aobut, ASK, what can I do to fight for my freedom!"

"Live Free or Die"

Chris

Last edited by Air Dog; 01-16-2005 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Heres the best ammo .. The official accident reports show a substantial decrease
Speed is ranked 4th for fatalities !
http://www.uscgboating.org/statistic...dent_stats.htm