Nashville Boat Show Pictures >

Nashville Boat Show Pictures

Notices

Nashville Boat Show Pictures

Old 01-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nashville Boat Show Pictures

THERE ARE NONE!!!!! THERE WASNT ONE PERFORMANCE BOAT THERE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF.......SO DONT FEEL BAD IN CLEVELAND FOR NOT HAVING MANY, AT LEAST THERE WERE A FEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the 3rd year of not having a performance boat, and Im pretty pi$$ed about it!
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Re: Nashville Boat Show Pictures

I am glad you guys went first...thats $16.00 I can apply to the Miami Show!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Zero, Zero, Zero performance boats, unless you count bass boats (Jaco had a couple of fast ones there like usual).

They DID have a $116,000 wakeboard boat, though. Why they built it, I am not sure, but it was there. In the flesh. And I acted interested so I could get the pitch. It's a 28 foot twin engine 6800 pound boat. Bowrider. Twin 320 horse smallblock VeeDrives. Tops out right at 50mph. The salesman's wife was hot, though, and she sat in the boat while I looked at it. Made it worthwhile.

Saw some nice deckboats. Only $50,000 for a nice deckboat.
* Sir, do they offer a big block in this fine deckboat? <<No sir, you don't need a big block with this new XYZ ultra conic spraymaster corner-hugging hull. This baby will run over 40 with the optional hp (still a smallblock).>>
* Well, what makes your boat different from the brand X deckboat over there? <<Well, this is a better boat, son. That's all there is to it. On this boat here, you can run 40mph in rough water and just turn the steering wheel and it will track right around the corner with no skidding or hopping. And that's real peace of mind there buddy.>>

(Repeat the above conversation with each and every deckboat salesman. You get the exact same reply from all of them with one exception: Stardeck. They will put a big block in anything they make. All you gotta do is tell em which one you want - and it has to be black).

Yep. A pretty tame and disappointing bunch of boats there again. The most remarkable thing at the boat show was the room with the food tables. We got there late, and they had already locked the cash box. I was hungry. The kid there told me they had no buns, but if I wanted hotdogs I could have as many as I wanted cause they were going in the trash anyhow. I had 6. Ate em with my hands. Got full on the last one, so I stuffed it in the ballast pump outlet fitting on one of those hotrod wakeboard boats. Bet it stinks today...
Old 01-16-2005, 06:53 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Nashville show has become so LAME that I no longer attend. I worked the show for several years for the local Formula dealer. After he lost the line, with in two to three years there were NO offshore type boats. The only fast boats were bass boats. Any one can make a potato chip fly.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

I have to agree, the shows are really lame.....I dont understand why though, there is definitely a market for performance boats in middle Tennessee now. Hell, if someone will pay 120,000 for a ski boat, you would think one of the local dealers would bring some off shore products in.

Oh well, there's always a short trip to Miami......