Notices

Who went over to Speedwake

Old 01-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who went over to Speedwake

Originally Posted by GeeterB
I was a member...guess I still am..........Haven't been there in a long time. It always seemed like everyone over there was always kissing Jeff's Ass at every turn......Kinda made me puke with all the love..........I'd rather have a good debate or try to buy a fake rolex and watch people kick it around a bit than the constant Jeff is sooooo coooool chit all the time
Old 01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Not to jump on the 'hate speedwake' boat that so many of you have done, but not all members kiss A$$ geeter.

Kinda kicking a dead hores here arn't we guys and girls?

I can't wait to read another "Yah, I don't like that site either" post! Becomeing a little repiticiouse here people.

If ya don't like the site, fine, but lets try and take the high road here and leave the past in the past. And just something worth mentioning, I can't get my spellchek to work on this site? And I have to resize every phucking picture I want to post! But I'm not about to start a thread over on Speedwake complaining about OSO. Every site has a different feel.

Let's start this post with a little quiz:

1) Why is Mr. JeffreryBoy so compelled to complain about situations over which he has no control?
2) Why can't JeffreryBoy relieve his aching sense of inadequacy without having to regulate materialism?
3) Essay: Compare and contrast his policies to those of disgusting politicos, focusing especially on who is more likely to move increasingly towards the establishment of a totalitarian Earth.

Don't worry; I'll give you all the answers throughout the course of this post as well as a wealth of other information about JeffreryBoy. For practical reasons, I have to confine my discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which I have something new to say.

He is a psychologically defective person. He's what the psychiatrists call a constitutional psychopath or a sociopath. Given his record of shady dealings, we can say that JeffreryBoy is careless with data, makes all sorts of causal interpretations of things without any real justification, has a way of combining disparate ideas that don't seem to hang together, seems to show a sort of pride in his own biases, gets into all sorts of temperamental speculation, and then makes no effort to test out his speculations -- and that's just the short list!

Given his current mind-set, some people don't seem to mind that he likes to require schoolchildren to be taught that the most valuable skill one can have is to be able to lie convincingly. What a deplorable world we live in! I myself don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to provide information and inspiration to as many people as possible, because doing so clearly demonstrates how "JeffreryBoy" has now become part of my vocabulary. Whenever I see someone dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the detestable elements in its midst, I tell him or her to stop "JeffreryBoy-ing".

If he believes that we should derive moral guidance from his glitzy, multi-culti, hip-hop, consumption-oriented double standards, then it's obvious why he thinks that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. JeffreryBoy hates it when you say that his litanies are some of the most dissolute, superstitious, and backwards I've ever encountered. He really hates it when you say that. Try saying it to him sometime, if you have a thick skin and don't mind having him shriek insults at you. I, not being one of the many feral Luddites of this world, have a New Year's resolution for him: He should pick up a book before he jumps to the footling conclusion that his ploys are not worth getting outraged about. If I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less repugnant than JeffreryBoy. You might think that anyone who doesn't know that JeffreryBoy is whiney must be inhabiting a different world. Well, if that's the case, then I'm afraid JeffreryBoy's legatees must have spent the past month on Mars.

If I have characterized his apple-polishers up to now as discourteous and brazen, it is only because many of his cock-and-bull stories are seriously flawed, frequently fail to meet minimal standards of logic, and, on balance, are lecherous. That should serve as the final, ultimate, irrefutable proof that JeffreryBoy insists that merit is adequately measured by his methods and qualifications. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands he perpetrates. Although he has managed to avoid indictment, or even a consensus that he did anything illegal, I am not trying to save the world -- I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am trying to hold out the prospect of societal peace, prosperity, and a return to sane values and certainties. JeffreryBoy is firmly convinced that his sophistries can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality. His belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that if JeffreryBoy thinks his convictions represent progress, he should rethink his definition of progress. Nice try to let juvenile utopians run rampant through the streets, JeffreryBoy. Anyhow, I guess I've run out of things to say, so let me just leave you with one parting wish: Together, may we encourage opportunity, responsibility, and community.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

One good thing, you don't see people fighting and arguing over there .......

And you almost NEVER see the word "Ap*che" used !!

Can't we all just get along ????????
Old 01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Registered

O well, I tried. But it seems asthough people are happy bashing others again and agian instead of growing up and moving on. Its to bad realy.

Anyone else going to down load one of those essa's, and post it here?

Hey Phantom, you qouted me, but your post relates in no way directly to what I posted?
Old 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some things are just not easily forgotten.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered

O well, I tried. But it seems asthough people are happy bashing others again and agian instead of growing up and moving on. Its to bad realy.

Anyone else going to down load one of those essa's, and post it here?

Hey Phantom, you qouted me, but your post relates in no way directly to what I posted?
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting work surface
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled briefly
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground anise seeds
4 to 6 cups peanut or vegetable oil, for deep-frying
About 2 cups powdered sugar

Sift the flour with the baking powder, salt, and sugar and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together the eggs, butter, orange juice, brandy, vanilla, and anise seeds until well blended. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix on low speed until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl and adheres to the paddle.
Remove the dough from the bowl onto a floured board. Knead by hand until smooth. Form the dough into a ball, flatten slightly, and place in a bowl. Cover with a tea towel and chill at least 2 hours or up to overnight to allow the dough to relax.

Heat the oil in a deep fryer or deep pot to 350 degrees F.

Meanwhile, cut the dough into 4 or 6 equal pieces. Keeping the dough and work surface well floured, pass the dough through the widest setting of a pasta machine 3 or 4 times. Then pass through successively narrower settings until the dough is almost thin enough to see through; depending on your pasta machine, this will probably be the next to thinnest setting.

Cut the dough into long strips 3 inches wide, then cut the strips on the diagonal into pieces about 3 inches long. If the dough tears, cut it off and work it back into the dough. The cookies curl when they fry, so fancier shapes are not important. As the cookies are cut, transfer them to baking sheets lined with flour-dusted tea towels, and cover with tea towels so they won't dry out before frying. Fry in batches, turning once, until puffed and golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.

While the cookies are still hot, dust them well with powdered sugar. Wait for a few minutes while the oil and heat absorb and melt most of this first coating. Dust well a second time until the cookies are quite white. The cookies will keep for a week or so in an airtight container. You may need to re-dust them with sugar before serving.

Only a few cookies at a time will fit, even in a big pot, so frying takes time. It is best to have company in the kitchen, ready with lots of good talk to keep you amused. And there are always the warm cookies to eat along the way as a reward. You can also dredge the cookies in granulated sugar, crystal sugar, or even a mix of powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

CigDaze, I guess thats the case. I have heard bits and pieces of what happened, But have forgoted it all now. And I wasn't directly afected back then either. So I guess what you say is the ture case here.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Registered

CigDaze, I guess thats the case. I have heard bits and pieces of what happened, But have forgoted it all now. And I wasn't directly afected back then either. So I guess what you say is the ture case here.

CanadaJeff

I'm just messing with ya! But really, if you knew the scoop, you might not be so quick to support JJ. It's almost like supporting a fake Rolex company!

http://web.archive.org/web/200208231...load/index.php
Old 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canada Jeff Said-

"Not to jump on the 'hate speedwake' boat that so many of you have done, but not all members kiss A$$ geeter. "

Well, it sure seemed like it to me...I haven't been over there in a while. It did seem like the board admin. was always on speaking to someone about something...And he got a lot of Harumphs from the choir.

On OSO it seems like the admin's are not nearly as talkative and we have a little room to debate, B*tch, accuse, and redeem without paying homage to the board god.

MHO.......You got yours I got mine
Old 01-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
CanadaJeff

I'm just messing with ya! But really, if you knew the scoop, you might not be so quick to support JJ. It's almost like supporting a fake Rolex company!

http://web.archive.org/web/200208231...load/index.php
I just like the site, and most of the members. And disagree with one site publicly bashing another. To me its bad business. For example, when I'm out on the road meeting new customers, I never put down a competitor. Especially a smaller, less successful one.

But I here ya on the past, I don't need to know all the details, but I am aware that some bad business went down. I consider the dealings Jeff jennings had with OSO between them, and I don't take those issues out on either forum. Thats all I'm saying here. Trying to distinguish between the site and the owner.

Geeter, like I said bud, not every one kisses A$$. Jeff and I disagree on alot of boating issues.

Quick Reply: Who went over to Speedwake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.