I am looking for a project boat >

I am looking for a project boat

Notices

I am looking for a project boat

Old 01-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am looking for a project boat

Hey anyone know of any cool small (less than 20ft ) boats that are a project? I am getting bored just messing with the current boat and need something to keep myself occupied, so would like to buy a project boat. Needs to be sorta mall as I have no storage/tow vehicle/desire for a big old cruiser. A run about type deal is what I am after. I saw a wooden boat show at Lake Lanier last summer and those things were awesome. More furniture than watercraft. And old small wooden boat would be the cats a$s, although I realize some of the better known ones are pretty pricey. I dunno if I can find anything around, I have been looking on ebay for a bit and not much there, plus there are not a lot of vintage boats in FL either. (where I am) I am open to ideas/suggestions but I don't really want anything old and ugly like a 70's tri hull. I want something that will be cool when it is done I saw that little Disney boat that someone bought a couple weeks ago in Orlando. Something like that would have been perfect but I did want to bid against a fellow OSOer. Anyone see anything driving around where they live that might suit my needs that is begging for a re-birth? I realize my needs are sorta vague, but that is because I am pretty open to ideas. Cuda you could just sell me that Donzi cheap as nuts...they are pretty much cool and save me a ton of work. :-)
Old 01-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered

Default Re: I am looking for a project boat

Maybe it's too big, but my good friend has a 1974 Donzi Doral that is 24 foot, and has twin small blocks and Volvo 270 drives. The drives are cool. Shift well. Everything works on the boat, but someone could go to town on it if they wanted.
He pulls it with a regular pick up and uses regular ramps. He bought a 30 foot cruiser. He's asking 10 grand. Most of these had single BBCs. This was has twin sbcs. Cuda said that it is rare. 10 grand.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

this is on ocean performance's site. 9900.00 it's a 73 donzi 18 , don't knock older hulls , they are solid.
Attached Thumbnails I am looking for a project boat-73donzi.jpg  
Old 01-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That Donzi hull is one of my favorites. I've had a couple of 22's and an 18. Fast + cheap = big fun.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

1993 24FT Sunsation complete or hull & trailer. BO
Old 01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by open72
this is on ocean performance's site. 9900.00 it's a 73 donzi 18 , don't knock older hulls , they are solid.

what's it got for power?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

How about a '76 Schiada River Cruiser v-drive? Mechanically, it's solid, just needs some cosmetic work with the gel-coat and dress up kind of stuff. It's half a project and would be a great boat for a lake or even bigger water when you're done. They do ski race them to Catalina and back. It's listed on the boat trader online.

The nice thing about the Schiada, you can pretty much get what you put into it out in most cases. They hold their value better than anything I've seen. Pretty amazing really.

Last edited by jordy; 02-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a Chris Craft Stinger 222 for sale. It has a chevy 350, is reliable, is good on gas, is easily towed, and does about 60 MPH. It is useable right now, but if someone put some time into it, it would be a sweet boat. $6,000 OBO.
Attached Thumbnails I am looking for a project boat-stinger1.bmp   I am looking for a project boat-stinger2.bmp  
Old 01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
what's it got for power?
dunno
Old 01-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Registered

Hi,
How about a 1986 23ft Wellcraft Nova xl-454 magnum/alpha-new 810 holley marine-4 year old polished CMI exhaust with Shotgun mufflers; 21 3 blade hydromotive-8 month new cockpit upholstry($3.5k) - new(8months old) Livorsi complete matching instruments with fume detector and depth finder($1k)- gaffrig throttle and shifter($400)- trailrite float on trailer with 4 year old aluminum wheels and 2 year old tires- Northern california delta and lake boat- I am the original owner- has been a great reliable boat-I just posted on boattrader last week for 11900.00, new (used) boat on it's way (if surveys out). Wife won't let me have 2 boats in driveway (darn) so first $10.5k for OSO member takes this fine toy.
Happy to send pics to any interested. Tried to load on site but files too big must figure how to shrink to post.

Quick Reply: I am looking for a project boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.