Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tampa Repair Services (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94787-tampa-repair-services.html)

Shooter 01-20-2005 08:42 AM

Tampa Repair Services

Post this again.... got flicked with the restore

Hi all,

Can I get a recommendation on a reair service that might travel to marinas. I have to get me manifolds off and theres some corrosion, so I'm not sure if they can doi it without a shop.

Thanx

otis311 01-20-2005 09:36 AM

Re: Tampa Repair Services

Gusman from the board is in Sarasota. I know he travels a bit and is very knowledgable and could probably help you out. Id be damned if I can think of his businesses name or his REAL name though. He came thru for me in a big way last year in fixing my Tiger

cuda 01-20-2005 05:39 PM

I don't think he does marina work, but you can call Ray Hanke at Force Ten Marine in Clearwater, I know he has a freind that does on site work. He was at Ray's when Ray was putting the engine in my Donzi, and he seemed very knowledgable.

Force Ten Marine
Address: 10871 49th St N, Clearwater, FL 33762
Phone: (727) 573-1666

cuda 01-20-2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Gusman from the board is in Sarasota. I know he travels a bit and is very knowledgable and could probably help you out. Id be damned if I can think of his businesses name or his REAL name though. He came thru for me in a big way last year in fixing my Tiger

Russ, Formula Outlaw, knows Gusman, he can tell you how to reach him.

Shooter 01-24-2005 10:19 PM

Yeah Mike,

They shut the shop down the week I was to get it in there. I'm trying to get a guy, Al Pittman, to take a look, but none of these guys are proving very reliable getting back to me.

Formula Outlaw 01-24-2005 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Russ, Formula Outlaw, knows Gusman, he can tell you how to reach him.

I HIGHLY recommend Gusman aka Scott Samec. Young guy, knows his stuff. Very reasonable. Loves working in the back of cramped Formulas with rusted manifolds, especially when I didn't clean the bilge. :D :D

He owns and operates SMS Mobile Marine Service. His number is: 941-232-3523.

I give him "5 props"....He will give you more than your money's worth....:drink:

p.s. tell him "Painintheassmaster" recommended him. :drink:

Johno 01-24-2005 11:38 PM

[Welcome to Florida! :D Guess everyone's too busy?
You can also try Nick Buis @ Performance Marine. He took good care of working on my boat & Cuda's. Don't know if he travels?
John

QUOTE=Shooter]Yeah Mike,

They shut the shop down the week I was to get it in there. I'm trying to get a guy, Al Pittman, to take a look, but none of these guys are proving very reliable getting back to me.[/QUOTE]

Donzi Corleone 01-25-2005 06:25 AM

I bet you can Mike!! LOL

ScottB 01-25-2005 07:09 AM

Call Al at Addictive Motorsports, 813-247-3049. He is a certified merc guy and can do it all.
Tell him your a fan od his raceboat OFFSHORE ADDICTION and he'll take care of you :D

Shooter 01-28-2005 01:04 PM

I'd like to avoid shipping the boat around. That was the reason I sold the trailer and went to Home Port with a shop on site. I heard most of the Marinas are dumping their service centers.

A guy by the name of Al Pitman is supposed to do the work for me. Dennis from the HP shop reccomended him...