Notices

who builds reliable efi motors

Old 01-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: who builds reliable efi motors

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Porkchop, where are you located?

hi , i am in southwest la , east texas , and west florida , originally from cali , my parents are inventory controllers, they go to mostly these states. i help out on occasion. mr ,tmp , i am sorry if you don't like what i typed, this is stuff that you said in the mag and typed yourself here on oso. all i did was a search on TOTALMP. my cousin raced flat bottom boats years ago when i was a kid, , what boats did you race ? what teams were you associated with?i am just posting what you said in powerboat mag . so ,you have been building race motors since you were born? i find that hard to belive. i called apba hq in detriot , they have no record of you ever competing in any catogory. gotta get back to inventory. breaks over ! check back in a little while .

j givono
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered

Hey Porkchop do you have a bone to pick or is it just me? You asked a question, and now start going after people? What gives?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

Glad to know you've got such an interest in me. The team was called stiletto and consisted of SST 45 and 140, 5 liter hydro's, and modified cat offshore. I was obviously very young at the time. Its apparent you're not buying anything.
As far as racing, I'm sure you'll be glad to know that we'll be making a few races with the new 36' Cat we're building as well as possibly building supercat engines for one of the teams in OSS.
If you searched totalmp, then you obviously know what we build and that it works. I'm sure you saw the posts that some of our customers posted, as well as the dyno #'s we're making.

Nevermind, you have to buy a membership to see the pictures.

Last edited by totalmp; 01-20-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you want to spend 50 grand on repowering a 20 grand boat? Doesn't make a lot of sense from an economic point of view.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered

no , i dont have any bones to pick. i am just trying to get the best information, i read 1 article in a mag that says "a" and come here and do a seach , and search says "b". just looking for clean information. which do you belive ? i am new here.

mr. patri yacht , the scarab has been in the family for a long time. i've saved up close to 30 grand in 3 years to repower. the boat has 365hp mercs that are seized. i apologize if i am not spending 50 g on 2 motors .
Old 01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Lets see, joined in Jan of 05, has 6 posts and a personal attack on TMP. Steve keep up the great work....you are obviously pissing some builders off! Porkchop, you need to read the book "how to win friends and influence people."
Old 01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Registered

What issue of Powerboat was TMP featured in (as referenced above)?? I must have missed it but prob. have it at home. Help save me some time.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I would have said TMP for your location.
If you don't care where the engines are built, I'd check w/ Mesa Balancing.
Why must you have EFI?
You could also contact JCPerformance in NY. He is currently rebuilding my 365mag.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Totalmp is at the top of the list in my opinion. They have been building great products and stand behind their work. Their customers are verry happy. I spoke to them on the phone and they were very knowledgeable and professional. The only reason I didn't go with totalmp is because my boat is a 1997 and I didn't want to spend the extra money on a boat only worth $80K. So I rebuilt my HP500's (carb motors) for $10K for both.

My next boat will be (hopefully) a Gladiator and totalmp will be at the top of my list when I want to put power in it.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:57 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he wants two new efi motors for 30K?

Quick Reply: who builds reliable efi motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.