Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wnted: DBL lenght 10 foot high garage with attached waterfront house in FT Laud. >

Wnted: DBL lenght 10 foot high garage with attached waterfront house in FT Laud.

Notices

Wnted: DBL lenght 10 foot high garage with attached waterfront house in FT Laud.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:20 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wnted: DBL lenght 10 foot high garage with attached waterfront house in FT Laud.

Open72, sounds perfect! Sorry your wife would not go for it. My wife is like me, so I am lucky. Did you get to the planning/drawing stage?

Last edited by CBR; 01-20-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wnted: DBL lenght 10 foot high garage with attached waterfront house in FT Laud.

Originally Posted by CBR
You have to look REALLY hard, but there are decent houses with ocean access in this price range, I have looked at them. Problem now is the extra length garage. May have to knock our some walls and convert part of the house into the most important room....the garage! Still not exactly what I want, will keep looking. Want to buy when I am down at the Miami boat show. Still would prefer the raw land, build my own pole barn, err house.
Dont forget to bring yer gun...........

you might need it in those neighborhoods!!!!

forget the land thing, you will NEVER get the permits to build the structure you describe in lauderdale, or anywhere else in south florida for that matter, unless you get industrial land, and thats gonna cost you on the water. Best bet is to live West, and spend the extra coin on a nice truck, trailer, and some boat upgrades. Besides, who wants to live in a No-Wake zone???? Properties in that price range usually are so far west, you have to idle down the river 4 miles at 5 MPH.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:53 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No gun needed , but you are right, long no wake zones. No different from being at my "high perfomance" North Miami marina. <gg>

I doubt the house inspectors would care if you knocked out a wall to extend the length of the garage, don't know, yet another PITA to check out.

Last edited by CBR; 01-20-2005 at 06:59 PM.