Notices

Prayers for Doug Wright

Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prayers for Doug Wright

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Registered

sorry Doug
Old 01-21-2005, 06:45 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought and Prayers are with You!!!!!!!! Did he loose the entire shop????? What was the cause???
Old 01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only the plug and molds for the 38 hull were damaged in the fire. The molds for the 32 were in his laminating shop and the deck plug for the 38 was in another bay and was not damaged. Although it could be deemed a major setback Doug is already making arrangements to start on the new hull plug if the mold is damaged too badly. It's a shame because he worked day and night for months getting it just right. The deck mold should be complete in about 2 weeks and the deck, dash and bulkheads laid up while the hull molds are completed. He figures maybe a 2 month delay on my boat. Regardless, I'm with Stan on this........the 38 is well worth the wait.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

that's f'd up glass can be replaced ,flesh can't. how did the fire start?? no sprinlkers or fire suppresion systems in place??
Old 01-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

When I called Stan about the fire I was really stressed. We did not loose the whole shop, only one bay with a 4 hour fire wall that separates our mold shop from our mill bay. Our 5 axis mill did not get damaged or Steve Tripps awsome 26 foot RPM new go fast project or the deck plug for our new 38' or the new 32' pleasure deck, how ever we might have lost the new 38' hull plug & mold. We can't access the mold making bay yet. (fire marshall and all that sorta rott.)

Our boat manurfacturing facillity is located 10 miles north of our mill. No damge there.

This is a set back but not the end of the project. It will probably take a couple of months to get back to square one. Nothing like loosing a couple a hundred grand in less than 5 minutes.

Guess I won't be getting that Turbo "S" any time soon!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered

fire scares the sh!t outta me ! any pics of the destruction ,that really sets things into perspective main thing is no major injuries.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't got the full details on that yet. Doug said he was outside the shop and when he turned around he spotted a small fire on the table. By the time he ran in with the extinguishers, etc. it had ignited the resin, hardeners, etc. he had for the center section of the mold. Once a chemical fire like that starts it goes quick. Apperently, all the panel boxes for the building were in that bay and in the area it started.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:25 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug,

The financial loss may not be able to be recuperated right away but at least no one was injured. I am sure you will bounce back from this. Hang in there!!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

we put in suppresion systems for our paint booths a few years back ,it wasen't cheap but it is piece of mind. plastic goes up quick , wish the best to everyone. eric

Quick Reply: Prayers for Doug Wright

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.