Notices

Anyone seen "Pegged"?

Old 01-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone seen "Pegged"?

I bought a 1/2 dozen for stocking stuffers at Christmas, Craig was simple and easy to deal with, he followed up my order by phone and shipped my order in a day.

I kept one for myself, I thought it was pretty good, I would like to see a Pegged 2 and invite them to video the SCOPE Poker Run and some other West Coast Ocean events...but all in all it was good and it got me excited about going to Havasu this spring
Old 01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered

It all comes down to value for the money. For $25 you received your moneys worth with the pegged video - entertaining, but jumpoed around to much. Now for $85 to $100 - No way.

This still applies to the other videos as well ($85 -$100), specifically the Big Seas Appache and the Freeze Frame Legends of Apache were out of line. I probably got caught up in the Apache hype, but I thought the footage was so-so. Big Seas has since corrected their entry price and off-set the cost to the intial buyers by providing a second video for those who bought at the first (have not received yet - but I am sure they our good for it - although they should send out the Skater History DVD).

The bottom line is that for the videos that I have purchased in the past (Poker Runs America, Big Seas, and Freeze Frame) the value has not been there, they should all consider re-evaluating the price, or I am sure I and others are unlikely to purhcase any in the future.

There should be an OSO rental program, because the videos are good to watch once, but typically not worth watching over and over. However, that would never work due to the sponsorship issue.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Registered

I thought that the video was really good. You need to mix up the video in my opinion with the chicks and partying since all the footage of the boats ends up looking the same after awhile. It was meant as a lifestyle video and not just for the boating in my opinion after watching it. You can only do so much with boats, and helicopters. It thought that it really did show the Havasu lifestyle / party seen very well. The lake is like that on any given weekend all summer long. My opinion is that the video was well worth the 24.95 plus shipping. This is really the first produced video that I have seen that even tackled the lifestyle of performance boating rather then just filming a poker run and editing it to video. I hope that the guy that made it will make a second video, it would be nice to see the direction that he would take, and im sure that people opinions would be taken into account, and that would just make the next one that much better. The first crusty's wasnt all that, but they got better and better.

Jeff
Old 01-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I bought a copy for myself, and received one extra copy to be given away at the Winter Chill-Out. Have not viewed it yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Did you receive it in the mail yet Brian???
Old 01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Yes, I did. Thanks Craig, I will bring the giveaway copy for viewing at the party.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Lake Front I totally agree with you.
Apache video was just ok! over priced
Pegged, not bad for the bucks, need more boats and less jumping around with the camera, don't watch it if you have been drinking for a while you might hurl
Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I watched it over lunch. I like the chics and the boats, but would have prefered more boats. I got chics all over the place already.

I liked it.