Rita Evacuees-welcome at loto >

Rita Evacuees-welcome at loto

Notices

Rita Evacuees-welcome at loto

Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rita Evacuees-welcome at loto

We have plenty of housing up here and alot of work, If anyone wants to come up with any construction skills I can put you guys to work and put you up. Construction is absolutely booming here email or call me jim 636 236-4141
Old 09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Default Re: Rita Evacuees-welcome at loto

Hey Wiggler, I don't mean to hijack your thread but how is the housing market at LOTO right now? We have been thinking of buying a place down there. Most likely a Condo. I don't think I want the upkeep of a house. would like to do it as an investment.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

market is on fire down here now, several nnew condo projects just starting from 200k to 2.5million, housing market for waterfront homes is booming, people from Brazil to Californis, to naples, to maine, every waterfront lot in porta cima is now sold, I have seen 30% appreciation on lakefront property in the last year, Have alot of friends who are doctors and want me to build spec homes on lots they own, help is hard to find, but margins are very high. LOTO will be hot for several years alot of land left, the new bridge opened up the entire other side of the lake, there have been over 150million of commercial done in the last year or so, many big chain stores and restarants, new bypass going in, Air service now set up. a Ton of people with alot of money are coming here and retiring.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

We come down a few times a year and love it. we would love to find a fixer upper but they seem far and few between. I have a freind that bought a house on three lots and sold one lot and that paid for the house. I just need to spend some time down there and do some looking around. Who do you get your electrical items from? Is there a electrical Wholesale house down there. We were thinking of maybe opening a branch there.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boss252
We come down a few times a year and love it. we would love to find a fixer upper but they seem far and few between. I have a freind that bought a house on three lots and sold one lot and that paid for the house. I just need to spend some time down there and do some looking around. Who do you get your electrical items from? Is there a electrical Wholesale house down there. We were thinking of maybe opening a branch there.
I just moved here from Ohio 3 months ago, the electrical here is way behind, I am a journeyman electrician,we had plenty to choose from in Ohio, but most of the companies here do all there shopping at home depot or lowes. There is a CED and I think that is about it.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered

I think come next week we are going to have even more work then we can handle since last week we were having a hard time keeping up. Housing to say in might be a little short.

As far as electricans, we have had ads in the paper for the last 3 weeks & we have had not ONE person apply. I would of thought some of the people from NO would be looking for jobs but I was wrong.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Banned

really only 1 electrical supplier on hwy 42, buy almost all of my electrical at Lowes or my Electrician supplies his own, definately a need for a lighting showroom and supply house here as well as alot more qualified subcontractors.