Notices

HydroHoist help

Old 01-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HydroHoist help

I'm sure there are a number of reasons why marinas won't allow Hydro-Hoists. Drilling holes in the dock is certainly one of them. I had one marina refuse me before mine (side tie) found a home in 2000.Just one person's opinion, but I don't think liability is their concern. If something happened to my hoist they'd probably tell me it's my problem. But who knows in these crazy times.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Most marinas do not know exactly how they work.They envision the dock going down with the hoist or some other crazy problem.My marina told me no untill I dragged them down to see one.Once they saw it,they allowed it. Drilling holes in the dock was the least of their concerns.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For what it's worth, the Marina where I have my Hydro-Hoist explicitely states in the rental contract that absolutely no holes are to be drilled in their aluminum docks. The Marina that refused me was well aware of what Hydro-Hoists are. They had the Hydro-Hoist for Mark Rueckwalds 50 Hustler (he also put his Skater on it) and one of their top guys worked on all of Jim Leonardo's boats (Extreme Exhibit,etc). They knew exactly what they were but didn't want another around for whatever reason.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:05 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Would a hydro-hoist work in a strong cross current? We have a nice pier with a 30 ft section I always tied cruisers to. The water is 5+ ft deep and slopes down quick. The problem is the tide swings 3 ft from low to high and the current is fast right where the boat sits. The hoist and boat would have to be positioned broadside to the current. Would it work in this situation?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:19 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanx to buyafountian.com we may be on to something has anybody ever but tried to reassemble a used one, I am concerned about getting parts if thing do not work after sitting?????
Old 01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

H/H will sell the individual parts. But be prepared, they are proud of their pricing. Finda used one, then add the needed parts from HH to convert to your application, then decide if it is still a good deal.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:41 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

thats what i am worried about if i get it here and it dosen't work. i have never delt with these thing i am begining to tell myself that i just worry to much
Old 01-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At 1st My buddies and I thought what the hell did we get into by buying them unassembled. But just because of the size of the tanks. These are bigger on land than in the water. We assembled them on the trailers we picked them up because of the tanks themselves. I think around 800 lbs apeice for ours. Not something you just toss around. I used a large bobcat trailer. But once we started in on them, really a peice of cake. Totally assembled them at our homes, leaving the swing arms off for delivery (total 12' wide). Did the final assembly at the marina parking lot, then back the trailers in and floated them off. Pulled them to our slips with a SeaDoo. We saved $2500 each by doing it ourselves. Do it again without a second thought.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you want to buy a very nice pre-owned HydroHoist that will work great with your boat, call Greg at 513-276-0221. Greg purchased a larger boat and only used it one year. Tell him that Tom told you to call.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

US1 what the heck is that thing? who makes it?
All the Hydrohoists I've seen look similar to this.
Attached Thumbnails HydroHoist help-copy-dsc00487.jpg  

Quick Reply: HydroHoist help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.