konrad inner transom plate >

konrad inner transom plate

Notices

konrad inner transom plate

Old 01-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default konrad inner transom plate

i had this made up for my trs a while back before konrads were introduced. it weighs aroud 14 lbs ,would the konrad be lighter ? i have external steering and dry pipes. what kinda price for the konrad inner plate?? any pics? the site doesn't show any inner pics.
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-2003_0101image0001.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: konrad inner transom plate

Open72, does your transom plate's dimensions differ from a stock TRS inner plate? The ears for your plate look like they might be a bit longer, but the photo might be deceiving.

Provided your application on the inside of the transom uses standard TRS components (other than the transom plate), such as the tranny tailstock, a Konrad outer transom assy should bolt right up. When they did my application, they just unbolted the transom assy studs and slid out the TRS transom assy, and plugged the Konrad outer transom assy in place. All this while the motors, tranny's and inner transom plate were in place. These guys must be contortionists to be able to get to transom assy nuts on the inside, but they made it work.

As long as your tailstock output ends up in the same place as it would with a stock TRS inner plate, you should be in good shape for a Konrad outer transom assy.

Fred Sparling is Konrad's application engineer. He's FSPROPELLOR on this board. I'll call him and ask him to chime in with additional info.

BTW, that's a nice looking plate you've made.

Brian
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a nice piece.However you is a pimp look at that the flat screen Tv in the kitchen?Dam must be nice.Just messin with ya.At least you have stopped screwing off and are doing something with the boat again
Old 01-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Registered

p4-33

the ears are correct , i did the mock up with the motor,trans, tailstock.i tacked the bar stock (ears) pulled off , welded up and re installed and then drilled out the 2 holes for the tailstock. alot of work going to put the drive bottle at the top. post a pic if you can , i would like to see the konrad.

your only a pimp when it's a 30" in the kitchen.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

Open72,

In that case, you're in good shape with the inner transom. Just bolt-and-go.

Here's a picture of how I did my drive bottle. Sorry about the pic, it was taken with my cell phone...
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-10-18-04_2115.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Here's a couple of pics just after my maiden voyage at the Konrad factory. Note I don't have nosecones on these lowers....
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-the_beef_1.jpg   konrad inner transom plate-the_beef_2.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Registered

Here's a couple more after I installed the lowers with the in-cast nose cones...
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-nose_cones-1-sm.jpg   konrad inner transom plate-nose_cones-2-sm.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

One more pic showing my drive reservior bottles hanging off my remote oil filters. This makes them much more accessible than having them back on the transom...
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-engines.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Registered

...and having some fun.

Let me know if there is anything thing I can help you with.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails konrad inner transom plate-fly-5.jpg   konrad inner transom plate-terrah_shot-web.jpg  
Old 01-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

sweet , real sweet i for some reason was thinking that the konrad plate didn't have provisions for steering . i wanted a real clean look when i came up with the idea. the drive bottle is a great idea where you located it. i will step up to a konrad in the future if i toast the trs i will know the toast factor in a few weeks. the motor is being assembled and will be dynoed after miami show. i still have a few parts to paint and get to precision. they speculate hp power will be right around 600 give or take. marks cam has a little more lift than the "731" i am erring on the side of a "little less" but , it will be a tourqe maker that's for sure. that's what moves - tourqe

Last edited by open87; 01-29-2005 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: konrad inner transom plate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.