Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ? >

HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

Notices

HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

Old 01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

I know they have a bad design on the fuel line for excursions . The low spot freezes . many of you talked about an upgrade for it availible from ford maybe ....... Someone help me out here . wasn't ford doing it for free ?

Thanks , Joe
Old 01-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Default Re: HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

ttt ???
Old 01-31-2005, 08:52 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has

Diesel or Gas?

Our gas rig has never had that problem and a few weeks back we had a couple of nights at -30* and last winter all of January was below 0* and nothing of that nature happened.

You might want to be careful where you get your gas sounds like the problem is more moisture in your gas than the Excursion.

Ours is a V-10 gas rig.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

If it's a diesel, here's your place to find out any and every thing.

Run by and many members are Ford Diesel techs.

http://flatratetech.com/6literpowers...ultimatebb.cgi
Old 01-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

I'm sorry , It's a 7.3 diesel ...
Thanks .
Old 01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Boot, sounds like you got some bad fuel. Diesel (winter blend) should not have this issue until about 0 degrees or below F. Try some Techron (chevron) fuel system cleaner.

Wannabe
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own the V-10 gas and never had a problem .... down to 10 below zero....does sound like bad fuel in my opinion
Old 01-31-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boot
I'm sorry , It's a 7.3 diesel ...
Thanks .
The best advice I ever got was to swap the 7.3 for the new 6.0. If Ford ever discontinues the truck, i'm going to buy six of them and warehouse them - enough to last the rest of my life.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

The pickup in the fuel tank freezes and your SOL,you need to add anti gel to every tank of deisel.I know all too well,my deisel 7.3 box truck was towed 3 times last week.I also owned a 2003 dually 7.3 and same thing happened,I didnt cry when they stole it in canada,bought a 2004 with 6.0 and it never happened again.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
The pickup in the fuel tank freezes and your SOL,you need to add anti gel to every tank of deisel.I know all too well,my deisel 7.3 box truck was towed 3 times last week.I also owned a 2003 dually 7.3 and same thing happened,I didnt cry when they stole it in canada,bought a 2004 with 6.0 and it never happened again.
The "E" 350 vans have a fuel tank issue . The gaskets suck on the lines going into the tank . They have to be replaced and >GLUED< back in . I just had that too . Your tank has a drain plug . See how much water comes out ! We had a gallon and a half !

I'm not crazy ! I know there IS a fuel line update on the excursions because fuel sits in the low spot and freezes while driving . I just need to find this on paper to hand to Ford when we walk in the door and they say they never herd that .......

I'll bet it was Troutly that has this info . He finds all the dirt on Fords !

Quick Reply: HELP ! Need info on changing problem (freezing) fuel line on excursion . who has it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.