Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for information about System Powerboats and a boat once in Denmark (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95355-looking-information-about-system-powerboats-boat-once-denmark.html)

Cig35Mistress 01-28-2005 02:17 PM

Looking for information about System Powerboats and a boat once in Denmark

I am looking for photos and/or information about a boat which I have been told resides in Denmark. A very good friend of mine, Peter Stolper, designed and patented a style of boat called the SSPH, or Split Surface Planing Hull. They were built under the name System Powerboats both out of Rhode Island and Florida, the particular boat I am looking for is a 35' variant, and it was sold to a gentleman in Denmark, who apparently was stabbed and killed shortly after completing the boat. This 35' was the only hull and deck ever pulled from the mold and was sent overseas bare to be finished there.

System Powerboats also built 22', 38', 40', 45' and 48' variants, all based on the SSPH design. The SSPH combined the best of all worlds resulting in a super-efficient and well handling performance boat. In my opinion, Stolper was 20 years ahead of his time with this design.

What do you guys know about these? And for those of you in Denmark, where is the 35' I am looking for? Thanks in advance. :drink:

Harry

Cig35Mistress 10-19-2005 11:24 PM

Re: Looking for information about System Powerboats and a boat once in Denmark

ttt

If anyone remembers these, please get in touch with me.

Thanks!

Harry

Ed 10-20-2005 07:31 AM

I remember Peter walking into our Velocity plant in Pompano Beach back in about 1986 & attemping to sell Steve & myself on his new design, with the hopes that we would start building them for him. An unusual design, to say the least. Basically, we did'nt see a market for it at the time. And selling them is what makes the wheels go round & round. We passed on his experiment. Ed

Cig35Mistress 10-20-2005 09:25 PM

Ed:

The SSPH design is highly unusal, but it is extrememly efficient and has incredible handling and speed capabilities. I met Peter about two years ago when I hired him and his company to completely refit my 40' Whiticar sportfisherman. We've been very close friends ever since. (At the time he was building custom Palm Beach style 38' Tournament Express boats and a 21' Flats/Bay boat that are two of the finest performing boats I've run, although the company has since been sold and decimated by the new owners) I am now in control of the orphaned but not forgotten System Powerboats molds and trying to figure out what to do with them. There is a 22' sportboat and a 45' express cruiser as well as a 35' model, which is the star of the lineup, and in my opinion would make an excellent Factory II boat, although I have no desire to go into the manufacturing business. The only 35' ever produced is the boat I mentioned that went to Denmark, and I'd love to see some pictures and get some information about it. It is a very small community we performance guys coexist in!

Harry Lewen
Harry Enterprises, LLC
4285 SW Martin Highway
Palm City, Florida 34990
(772) 260-4446 Voice
(772) 288-2135 Fax

Cig35Mistress 11-13-2005 06:17 PM

ttt

Sorry to keep bothering you guys with this one, but I need to find the 35' System Powerboats boat that went to Denmark as a blank hull to be finished and rigged.

Thanks!

Harry

Cig35Mistress 12-06-2005 09:22 AM

ttt

Still looking for information and for the hull in Denmark . . . someone out there has to know where it is!

Thanks guys,

Harry

Cig35Mistress 02-28-2006 12:58 AM

This one fizzled out on me . . . ttt!

TopSpin80 02-28-2006 07:58 AM

have any pics of what it is supposed to look like... why not try the versions of OSO that are accross the big pond? I have a tennis coach that moved to denmark, but without a picture he wouldn't know what he was looking for.. I know he has some friends with boats, but he has no idea about them.

Ernie

Top Banana 02-28-2006 08:15 AM

Sorry Harry......I don't know anything about this boat at all.

thedonz 02-28-2006 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Sorry Harry......I don't know anything about this boat at all.

now there's a problem if Charlie has no 411 on a boat then in my 002 it's not worth it :rolleyes:

jr mike