Notices

Rear seat foot rest

Old 01-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear seat foot rest

I am looking to have foot rests made so the people in the back seat can use them to brace themselves when it's rough. I know some Skaters have them built right into their cockpit floosr. Anyone have anything like these? I would love to see what you've done. I'm tired of shoe prints on the backs of my front seats.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear seat foot rest

i have seen some sweet ones in the donzi 38zr, i don't have any pics, but they are anodized or powerdercoated aluminum.....
Old 01-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have em made up like a headrest and put two brackets that will accept SS tube.
Put these brackets directly behind the bolsters on the floor.
Then you can pop em in the "holes" when you want em, and pop em out when you don't.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The previous owner of my Slingshot broke some ribs on a rear seat passenger during a Thousand Islands Poker Run (tossed the guy into the corner of one of the front bolsters as he quartered into a big wave). He had Hustler make and install a custom three bolster rear seat with a wedge shaped foot rest that runs the width of the boat. It was bonded in and looks just like the rest of the cockpit floor (complete with Hustler logo) . They even made a new section of snap-in carpeting. A tech from Hustler was flown to Chicago to make the conversion. Sorry, but I don't have pictures. The setup sounds like the option that was made available on the 344 when it was introduced. Sounds like you've got a number of approaches to choose from.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Registered

See the backrests on my bolsters? (below)

The guy who owned the boat before me had brackets put in back behind the seats so you could take the backrests off and sit on the tops of the main seats. This lets you face the stern, etc.

They look like footrests down there behind the seats when I take 'em off of the bolster "tops," but I don't let people pu their feet on em. Weren't made for that.

But the way that it is done would work perfect. The short brackets that hold the downtubes under back rests are so low and close to the back bolster legs that they are not in the way, even when not being used.

Very easy solution.
Attached Thumbnails Rear seat foot rest-chris-craft-aft-view-forward.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

pretty good idea for the foot rests Jon. btw my head rests are the same as yours they were removable from the factory. are you saying the original owner of yours made brackets to stow the back rests ?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I am looking to have foot rests made so the people in the back seat can use them to brace themselves when it's rough. I know some Skaters have them built right into their cockpit floosr. Anyone have anything like these? I would love to see what you've done. I'm tired of shoe prints on the backs of my front seats.
And why are they wearing shoes??????????
Old 01-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tizbad4
And why are they wearing shoes??????????
Your right! I have "no shoes" decals all over the boat. Most of the girls that come with us can't read very well. Those clear plastic shoes with the flashing lights in them have very pointy heels too! They are hell on upholstery!!
Old 01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Registered

Old 01-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
pretty good idea for the foot rests Jon. btw my head rests are the same as yours they were removable from the factory. are you saying the original owner of yours made brackets to stow the back rests ?
Yep. They are stainless. I'm sure that they were for something else. Like a rail or something. He didn't make em. But it tucks em directly behind the stainless support risers. They are too cloise to trip over or anything. You don't even notice em. That way I can take it off and hop up there in a no wake or when I am rafting. Plus, you can turn around and face people sitting in the bench seat. You were only on my boat for a short time at the warehouse. But I think that I had em off and stowed so that my cover didn't touch the back rests.

Quick Reply: Rear seat foot rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.